KLZE install problem NOISE!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cage

KLZE install problem NOISE!!

Post by Cage »

Hi,
Don't let the hi fool you, I am not a happy camper. I have the engine installed and it starts with out hesitation. I am only pulling EGR codes so no prob there. My major issue is the sounds that are coming from the valvecovers. When I start it up and even if I rev the gas, it sounds like thousands of little rocks bouncing around under the front and rear valvecovers. I removed the front valve cover to see if there was any damage or anything unusual like no oil or a thousand little rocks. All looks fine. It is so noisy I don't think driving it would be wise. Anybody got a sugestion on what could be wrong. Could the timing belt be too tight? would the ignition timing cause the noise? It kinda sounds like the HLA's but 10 times louder and does not go away when you raise the RPM'S... Also sounds like when you shake an etch-a-sketch only 100 times louder. I have replaced the valvecover gaskets and also have replaced the oil pan gasket and checked the oil screen. (pre install)
Aston Wards

Re: KLZE install problem NOISE!!

Post by Aston Wards »

Might not actually be too bad, your engine has probably been sitting for a while, give it a week or so and it'll probably be sweet, mine was the same
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”