Act or Centreforce?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
monstar-mx-3

Act or Centreforce?

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Its time to Retire my stock clutch. What should i get for a replacement? Dropping in a 2.5 engine and tranny. What should i get a ACT or Centreforce Clutch?
lazzyie

Re: Act or Centreforce?

Post by lazzyie »

Clutchmasters, DXD, or ACT no centerforce
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

what wrong with Center force?
Cage

Post by Cage »

studied and read posts for over a year from this site and Probetalk before I made a decision ....ACT !!! <p>Cage
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Cage- How's the act one holding up?
Cage

Post by Cage »

I have it installed, but I have not used it ..I am almost finished with my swap. I have a friend who has an Mx-6 that is using a centerforce ...he hates it because of chatter and the life of the clutch was under a year...But then again, it might be the driver not the clutch....I read alot of feedback from senior members on probetalk stating the ACT was A+, that was the main reason I choose ACT ....Dave from this board and Probetalk likes his. (I hope)...because he talked me into it as well. <p>Good luck
Cage
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

I got the act :)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

I've got the centerforce DF. There is chatter when trying to nudge ahead without using the clutch. However that's only when you hold the clutch at it's release point to move forward in traffic. Under regular driving it's great. No regrets and it's been in for over a year now and still no sign of slipeage.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I haven't heard many good things about centerforce. Their clutches grab, but they don't last long. Maybe 2 years of normal use and then you will have to replace it.<p>I'd go with ACT. It is worth the added expense to buy one of these awesome clutches.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

So pretty much ACT clutch is the way to go.
Cage

Post by Cage »

maybe centerforce is a good clutch, ..but you can tell by the posts that ..there were no complaints from ACT owners. <p>Cage
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

I have a cm stage 4 and it is bullet proof. glad I went big cause of the 60 shot on now.<p>act or cm. go big!
13.023 @ 105 mph
Cage

Post by Cage »

How streetable is that Aaron? Do you use yours as a daily driver ? <p>Centerforce states :<p>Stage 4 - Stage 4 clutches are not recommended for street use due to their aggressive nature. A rigid disk and carrier are used in combination with your choice of Kevlar, carbon or ceramic pads.<p>Not calling you out ... just wanted to know if they are as hard to drive as everybody says they are.<p>[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Cage ]<p>[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Cage ]</p>
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

I dont understand this whole "streetable" idea. My friends turboed tegra has a 6 puck extreme act on it and his car is very driveable. :shrug:
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”