klze swap mods

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MXKreepscort

klze swap mods

Post by MXKreepscort »

hi everyone, I no the answers to my question are all around the board, but I wana make of this before I do the engine swap. I have a MX3 GS with a manual trany. Can someone please tell me exactly what mods, big or small, would have to be done for the klze to be swapped in? thanx
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Re: klze swap mods

Post by Buff1110 »

since the motor is gonna be out of the car, change the timing belt, water pump, all gaskets (valve covers, cam, intake mani, rear oil seal), pcv valve, hoses, thermostat, new clutch, resurface flywheel, new tranny fluid, motormounts, oil, radiator fluid, ze ecu, stainless steel clutch line.
thats all i can think of at 2:30 am after werk
Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
MXKreepscort

Post by MXKreepscort »

those r great mods for when i get the engine, but what is necessary for the swap i mean, i heard u have to do something to the exhaust manifolds and splice some wires... not sure but its something around that area. thnx
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

nessisary= port/swap exhaust manifolds. Get a new clutch. Really, really, really advise getting Mazdaspeed motor mount. Read my responce to the low clutch engagement too. Lata.
-Shawn F.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

do get the motor mounts as i did not and now i wish i did you definetly NEED them take it from me its a lot easier to do when the motor is out
65 shot > V8
MXKreepscort

Post by MXKreepscort »

ok, so let me see if I have every thing to make the swap work...<p>I have to use my stock 1.8 headers
Get a new clutch
and the mazdaspeed motor mounts.<p>Now is the new clutch really necesary, if so, ill get an ACT clutch, should I get one for the mx3 or mx6? Also where can I get the mazdaspeed motor mounts for a good price? thanx again
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I did a write up on the whole swap, including all the tools you need and everything.. Just check out my site...
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

yo! mxkreepsport, where in jersey you from , im also from nu jeru and i did my swap 9 months ago. the klze is best mod i ever did for my car.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”