Whuts Up With My Car ?.?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BlueBoi

Whuts Up With My Car ?.?

Post by BlueBoi »

Hey wzup..
This is my problem...for awhile now when I've been driving my mx-3..it will shutdown..like I'll be goin down the highway at 120 or whutever..and the car will shutoff and about 5 seconds later it will come alive again...sometimes this happens alot and sometimes hardly at all. My car also stalls out when I slowdown at a stop sign or when I stop..and I have to start it again. Today my car shutdown on the highway and wouldn't start..after bout 15min it started again..but not for long. I got it towed to a friend's shop. Ne ideas as to whut the F is wrong wit it? Sorry for the long post. I'm pissed. :mad:
Oliver

Re: Whuts Up With My Car ?.?

Post by Oliver »

My guess is the distributer.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

One time in my RS the connection to the MAF was messed up..i disconnected it, and hooked it back up and it fixed the problem(not the idle problem, but the randomly shutting off problem).
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

the wire from the disty to the coil was loose on my trudk and it would do the same thing. I would check all your spark plug and coil wires and see if that will fix the problem.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
BlueBoi

Post by BlueBoi »

Hey..thanks for the replys..turns out it was the distributer...good-call K8...
The guy says a new one will cost about $570..?
I'm gonna try and find a used one. Good idea ??
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

If your going to try for a used disty, your risking the chance of it not working at all, or it quitting on you shortly after you get it. These distributers are absolutly brutal, and i wonder every day why they didn't recall them. But ya, i bought a used one from Edmonton, got it, put it on, and it didn't work. Did an OHM's test and it was out of working range. So i got hosed on that, now i have a rebuilt one commin from Nashville, should be here Friday. So I'll see what that does for me. Used one was $350, and the rebuilt one is gonna cost just over $500. So it's your call, but i suggest against a used one. If that new one you found is under $600, i'd got for that, because i havn't found one that cheap anywhere. Sorry about the long post, but these distributers really tick me off.
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Can it be swapped by a distributorless ignition such as MSD?
European Mx3 GsRT
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Yes, it can, its actually a cheaper alternative.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”