Japan 1.8?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pickinganame

Japan 1.8?

Post by pickinganame »

i bought me a motor from japan it had no camshaft sensors and other thinggs anyone know were that could of came out of im putting 1.8 back in b/c this one was cheap and less then 50k miles for 600$ +new cluth so thats what i decided just need to know if anyone knows anythign about thisa motor TY :)
Hy300

Re: Japan 1.8?

Post by Hy300 »

What letters/numbers are stamped on the heads
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

on the block it will say the engine type.<p>its on the side the oilfilter is not :)
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

im not personnaly doing it so i wouldnt know what other kind of engines are there? that are 1.8
pelado

Post by pelado »

Please use punctuation. Your posts are hard to read. If you're not putting the engine in, then the obvious thing to do is to have the person putting it in look at the block.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pelado:
Please use punctuation. <hr></blockquote>
Yes Please!!!!!!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
sikblue

Post by sikblue »

is it a 6cylnder or a 4 cylnder????
2 more weeks....
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

why dont u guys quit worring about punctuation. Its just a post note a letter! And its a 6 cylinder.
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

im sure no one is trying to act like an @sshole, but it is kinda hard to understand what you are trying say when you dont :D lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

My english teacher would kill you. It being a V6 helps you at least, now we won't complain about you using the wrong forum. If you come back and tell us the numbers that are stamped on the heads, we can tell you a lot more about the engine.
pelado

Post by pelado »

If the engine isn't in, then the easiest thing to do is face the engine from the timing end, look at the side of the block that faces the firewall (to your left), and tell us what the letters (or letter and number) are inside the big oval.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

it has a k8 mark in wiht a marker from the junk yard so i mguessing its the same one
pelado

Post by pelado »

Once again your choice of words makes it hard to understand what you mean. Are you saying it has K8 marked on it with a white marker? Did you look on the block like everyone here told you to?
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

its was marked from the junk yard k8...
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I can mark K8 on a small block chevy but it dosnt make it a 1.8L mazda V6. :D <p>you have been told the way to find out what the engine is .<p>check the back of the engine block for a K8 or KL or KF in a circle stamped into the block, check the stampings on the heads where the intake runners are for a K8-1A1 K8-101, K831-1A1 K831-101, or KL-1A1 KL-101, KL31-1A1 KL31-101
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”