Question for tech gurus...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Hector Gomez

Question for tech gurus...

Post by Hector Gomez »

Im going to get my cams regrinded and this is what they are going to give me "274° .355 Lift profile", so the question is, what does this mean?? How should i expect my car to behave??. Only moods right now are the basic ones spark plug/wires, CAI intake, custom headers 2.25" from the headers to the back and racing cat.
Well thanks in advance :D
I will post some pics of the CAI soon
Hector Gomez
Owner of the first modded MX-3 in Mexico!
pelado

Re: Question for tech gurus...

Post by pelado »

The specs must be identical for the intake and exhaust cams or they would have given you two sets of numbers.<p>274 is the number of degrees of crankshaft rotation that the valves are open. The longer the valves are open the better the breathing at high rpms.<p>.355" is the max valve lift (or opening). The further the valve is open the more air/fuel can get in the cylinder.<p>These aren't wild numbers by any means but they should be fine for street performance. You'll probably see a slightly lumpy idle but IMHO, that makes a car sound cool.<p>I would add a bored TB to your list of mods, it'll complement the ones you've already made and it will help the cams perform at their best.<p>I hope you're doing all this to a KL and not a K8, but if you are, that's fine.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Hector Gomez

Post by Hector Gomez »

Thanks for the explanation.
Know this numbers make sense to me.
Saddly im doin this to the k8 (dont have anough founds yet) until i get my KLDE. I wanted to buy a KLZE but the thing is that i live in mexico and cant bring an engine alone from the states (stupid mexican goverment). But i have spotted 4 KLDE's in great condition and they are asking $800 Dlls for each one so thats gonna be my route. Lets see if i can get a MS8 IM. :D
Thanks again pelado! :D
Hector Gomez
Owner of the first modded MX-3 in Mexico!
T Biller

Post by T Biller »

If you have MX-6's 626's or Ford Probes you could rob one of those.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”