look at pic !! is this a KL-ZE?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lazzyie

Re: look at pic !! is this a KL-ZE?

Post by lazzyie »

Ive never seens a front vc with the 24 logo on it in a ze though like that millenia engine has....
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
1SICKMX6

Post by 1SICKMX6 »

MS8 motors had that double logo on it on the vc. To find out if it is a true ze you should a check the heads they should read kl31 101 on them if so you know you have ze heads, after that check the block to see if it has a kl stamped in it or a kf I suspect this motor to be a kfze a 2.0l bottom end out of a ms8 I have seen one in person before and the company was trying to sell it as a ze but it was a 2.0 so I said to screw off. Oh to see if it is north american or not take a look at where the vin would be on the block by the tranny most I have never seen a Japaness engine with the vin still on it.<p>Later!
93 MX6 Black Plate "1SICKMX6"
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

there is NO way to tell the diff between a 170H.P 2.5L millenia and a a 200H.P 2.5L from the out side of the engine, the only TRUE way is to see the pistons. All the part numbers are the same, they have the same manifolds, same heads numbers and same cam numbers(but the cams have slightly diff profiles)<p>They get the 200 H.P from higher compression pistons, better exhaust system, better computer programme, and higher octane gas.<p>sorry, but its true.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

is the US the only country that has egr controls?
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by curtklze:
there is NO way to tell the diff between a 170H.P 2.5L millenia and a a 200H.P 2.5L from the out side of the engine, the only TRUE way is to see the pistons. All the part numbers are the same, they have the same manifolds, same heads numbers and same cam numbers(but the cams have slightly diff profiles)<p>They get the 200 H.P from higher compression pistons, better exhaust system, better computer programme, and higher octane gas.<p>sorry, but its true.<hr></blockquote><p>Sorry but your a little wrong but so close
Well 9 times out of 10 you get a motor from Japan that is stamped KL on the block and has KL31 heads and has MS8 intake on it the cams are KL01. This motor is truely not near 200hp, you must have the straight neck ZE manifold(with square runners), obviously the flat top pistons, and ZE cams, not the KL01 cams. You mention the different cam profile which is correct but the slightly different profile is a big difference.
I think we got it right now.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zoso124:
<p>Sorry but your a little wrong but so close
Well 9 times out of 10 you get a motor from Japan that is stamped KL on the block and has KL31 heads and has MS8 intake on it the cams are KL01. This motor is truely not near 200hp, you must have the straight neck ZE manifold(with square runners), obviously the flat top pistons, and ZE cams, not the KL01 cams. You mention the different cam profile which is correct but the slightly different profile is a big difference.
I think we got it right now.
<hr></blockquote><p>I totally agree with that!<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> <hr></blockquote>They get the 200 H.P from higher compression pistons, better exhaust system, better computer programme, and higher octane gas. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> <hr></blockquote>
The diff. in the compression represent less than 4hp...the diff is the cams / spuare runner and intake ports and octane 100
all that(more agressive cams+wider intake+square port)is 195hp but we dont have octane 100 here...so we have 190 hp from it...<p>[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: mx3-precidia-gs-1995 ]</p>

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”