A V6 engine for my MX-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
EvyllChyld

A V6 engine for my MX-3

Post by EvyllChyld »

What would be the best V6 engine with the most HP to put in my MX-3? i am looking to race it, but with my sticj V4 i don't think it is going to happen. Just to tell you i have a limited budget so i can't go all out. Thanks.
VizualXTC

Re: A V6 engine for my MX-3

Post by VizualXTC »

The B6t has 136HP and the BPT has 180 or 210HP depending on the model car it came from. The 210BHP BPT is very hard to come by. If I remember correctly the only difference is the turbocharger but I could very easily be wrong. You can pick the motors up at www.corksport.com or at www.streetimports.com. With a limited budget I can promise you that you're not going to be doing any real racing for a long time. The BPT would be your best bet (depending on what 'limited budget' means) but there are also other parts you must get to accomadate the engine. If you search the site (search feature is in the top right of the screen) you will find many many many posts that cover this swap. Good Luck.<p>There have been alot of people that say the 4 cyl mazda engines have more potential than a V6. In fact there was a guy named Dave Lauzier (spelling??) that swapped his V6 for a BPT and was running over 500WHP before he sold his setup. I have also heard of KL03 (KLDE) engines running over 450whp naturally aspirated, so it's basically a matter of opinion as I see it. <p>Antwawn, actually there are such things as V4 engines. They're on motorcycles. ;) :p
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
pelado

Re: A V6 engine for my MX-3

Post by pelado »

Saab Sonnett had a V-4 also.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”