help whats wrong with my car

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
spicanco

help whats wrong with my car

Post by spicanco »

My car has 89000 km but something is serously wrong the engine oil is dissappearing like it's going out of style. since i bought the car in augest engine oil has been disappearing but i think its gotten worse. I had it full when I put 800 km on my car over 3 days when I went to T.O.
for new years. then I didn't Drive the car for almost a week cause i was sick. when i went to check the oil it was below the low line on the dipstick where is the oil going. also i noticed some sluge on the underside of the oil cap is that related. plese help<p>[ January 11, 2003: Message edited by: 3rdMazda ]</p>
"Don't Ever let anyone tell you, that you don't deserve the things you want"
cashmoneyspeed

Re: help whats wrong with my car

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I would start by seeing if there is any oil leaking from under the car. Did you check if the rear valve cover gasket is leaking? Is there colored smoke coming out of your exhaust?
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
BLINDMAN INC.

Post by BLINDMAN INC. »

I would check all your gaskets because my brothers is doing the same and we found out where it was.. If thats not it try changing oil brand for like pennzoil to gtx if u know what i mean... some cars can only run sertain oil because they burn the other oil brand..<p>
Sorry spelling sucks
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Its either dripping out of motor or going out the tail pipe in a puff of smoke. You need to figure this one out. 9 times out of 10 its coming out the tail pipe. Chances are it could be worn rings but they usually last longer in the K series engines, most likely your valve seals are worn.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
spicanco

Post by spicanco »

Im worried that its coming out he tail pipe it doesn't look like its smoking. is there any way to test to see if this is the case
"Don't Ever let anyone tell you, that you don't deserve the things you want"
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

definitely check if its burning oil, what i did was i took it to a buddy who has a customization shop and does emission tests and he checked it for free and told me its burning oil,,, 121000 KMs it had,,,<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> why are there no supped up MX3 in Sarnia <hr></blockquote><p>And the answer to this question is, people have more things to do than suppin their cars up like we do,,, :D
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

There is an easier way.... there are a couple ways really.<p>1) is drive down the highway, with a friend tailing you, you burn most oil when doing hwy driving. Get him to observe with his windows down when you accelerate so he can have a look and also smell if anything is burning.<p>2) Start the car in the drive way, let it warm up,
get your friend to stand behind, rev the car to about 3.5/4 thousand rpm and hold it there once its there start pumping the accelerator quickly
so the RPMs spike to 5thou and drop back to around 3.4/4 thousand... keep repeating this for about 10 seconds.... the dude behind will see dark bluey smoke and smell it as well.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

also the valve seals commonly leak.<p>car will blow blue smoke on decel + start up<p>apperantly royal puple oil and some nosmoke additives will stop that :shrug:
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”