A simple question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tyler17rose

A simple question

Post by Tyler17rose »

when looking down at the mx-3 engine from infront of the car do to cilinders number:<p>Top Left: #1
Bottom Left: #2
Middle Top: #3
Middle Bottom: #4
Top Right: #5
Bottom Right: #6<p>Is this right? I'm like JUST about to change my plugs and wires and need to know for sure.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
lazzyie

Re: A simple question

Post by lazzyie »

I would anwser this but i am so dislexic, just swap the wires one at a time
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
pelado

Post by pelado »

You're right but it's easier to think of them as rear bank and front bank, rear bank are odd (1,3,5 counting from passenger side) and front are even (2,4,6). Last time I looked, my spark plug wires had numbers on them to help me out in case I got lost. ;)
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Thanks for the help! i did the cahnge and my car runs way better. I was arching before. I follewed your directions one at a time like everyone else told me and everything went great. The only hard one was damn plug wire number 3! Getting that on the disributor is a tight fit! I dont know if its just my car but theres a loom of wires in the way and its very hard to get it on. I did though and now my car along with the plugs runs way better!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”