Rough Idle > Vaccuum Leak?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jutzi420

Rough Idle > Vaccuum Leak?

Post by Jutzi420 »

I changed all my vaccuum hoses and now it idles rough, and the check engine light comes on. It sits at 1000rpm and the jumps to 2000rmp after roughly 15 seconds. It also smells like there is a lot of unburned fuel in the exhaust. Most of the hoses fit snug, and the ones that were a bit loose I tightened with some metal ties. Anyone have any suggestions as to which hoses I should look at first? In hindsight I probably should have started the engine after I installed each hose.
Jutzi420

Re: Rough Idle > Vaccuum Leak?

Post by Jutzi420 »

When I put the engine in diagnostic mode the code that comes up is 18, but that one isn't listed in the FAQ. Anyone know what the code 18 refers to?
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jutzi420:
When I put the engine in diagnostic mode the code that comes up is 18, but that one isn't listed in the FAQ. Anyone know what the code 18 refers to?<hr></blockquote><p>You could determine this on your own by going to www.mx-3.com and using the online shop manual.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Actually, I haven't found code 18 listed at any of the shop manuals or sites I've visited. Well, I'm going to be talking to my Mazda dealer this morning, hopefully they can help me out.
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Ok, the code was a 10 and an 8. I didn't time the pauses right. I didn't plug the wiring harness back in the air flow sensor. whoops.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”