idle speed problems

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Frenchguy0

idle speed problems

Post by Frenchguy0 »

Hey guys,i have a question for all the machanic champions out there.<BR>My car has a problem with the idel speed. It won't stay at the same level it goes up and down, from 1,500 rpm to 500 rpm without stalling and it happens wether the engine is in temperature or not. Would any of you know why and how to fix it ?<P>------------------<BR>Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
Kim 95' V6 DK

Re: idle speed problems

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

i have had the same problem whith my mx3 V6<BR>and it was because of false air (hole between engine and air filter box)<BR>hope it helps
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>
white fish

Post by white fish »

Yeah! You have a crack in the intake boot<P>------------------<BR>Clear White 2.5L GSR
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

Is there a way i can check it out and have it fixed for cheap or would I have to change the whole air filter box ?<P>------------------<BR>Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

Not the box, the tubing between the intake manifold and the VAF/MAF. They have a history of cracking in the accordian-type ribbed section. You could use duct tape for temporary, but you'll probablly wanna replace that piece
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

Thanks buddy !<BR>Do you have any idea about how much it will cost me ?<P>------------------<BR>Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”