diff between ZE and K8 disty

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
curtklze

diff between ZE and K8 disty

Post by curtklze »

I did a search already.<P>I have heard lots of different things and want to clear it all up.<P>Dose the KL-ZE come with an external coil?<BR>If it dose what kind of improvments would you get from using the ZE dist?
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
timpronk

Re: diff between ZE and K8 disty

Post by timpronk »

I think all ze's came with an external coil. The benefits I have found are not having to buy new/used distributors due to dead internal coils and ignitors. Also gives a more powerful spark, useful I would say on a higher compression engine. Crisper throttle response and .... <P>I think mazdaspeed steve may still have his msd and ext. coil for sale?<P>I am using the klze distributor, external ignition and coil and to me it appears to have better throttle response throughout the rpm range.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

the problem being that there is no replacement caps. I am almost sure.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

Steve at a-spec has some he charges $80 for the cap
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

why not just wire up a msd and still spend $20 for a cap and get a better product?
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

I would like to see a dyno result from any of these ignitions to see if they are in any way better. they may improve the spark on my 69' Torino but I can't see mazda building a nice aluminium block with 4 cams a vris intake and a piece of crap coil<P>It could be the same as jet cpu that make all these claims and when tested are slower
13.023 @ 105 mph

Post by Guest »

i am using a ze disty with msd and blaster coil check my sig for info on hookups thanks timpronk
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

I've searched and can't find much to help me.<P>Now, I want to connect an MSD 6A Ignition Control and Blaster 2 Coil to my K8 distributor. However, all the information diagrams, how-to's, and FAQ, I can find are for this application on a KL-ZE distributor.<P>I personally don't know the wiring schematics for the K8 distributor, as my shop manual doesn't possess that knowledge. So, is the ZE distributor diagram on Jeff Abrams' site applicable? Or, if not, does someone know which wires I'd need to cut and connect from the K8 distributor?<P>Thanks<p>[ December 05, 2002: Message edited by: Hy300 ]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”