problems with mx3 -93

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sep42

Re: problems with mx3 -93

Post by sep42 »

Just a thought, but why not run the engine/sensor diagnostics yourself. It takes 2minutes, it's quick and free.<p>Here's the tutorial (at V6 FAQ):
http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=23&t=000005<p>Code 08 is VAF
:)
http://www.nerdinthebox.com <- cheap domains, web hosting and other network services.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

does it idle rough?<p>what is the outside temp? cold in sweden :D ?<p>buy platinum spark plugs :shrug: <p>possible weak spark problem
it does like to stall at lights so it could be air leak or pcv valve malfunction.<p>check pcv valve from vavle cover to intake, that may also fool the cpu into a vaf code :shrug:
13.023 @ 105 mph
BLINDMAN INC.

Post by BLINDMAN INC. »

It sound like your head has a crack in it. My dads truck did the same thing, the spark plugs would get soaked, wouldnt start, he put a new battery and plug in and when he fianally go sick of it he pulled the head on and it fell into two pieces, that or your gasket could be broke, u should try that.
mirage-mx3

Post by mirage-mx3 »

aaron the hic : yes the idle is rough and the car stalls sometimes, now when it's winter the outside temp is around +2c to -20c <p>blindman : i hope my don't have that problem,it sounds expensive :>
marksoden

Post by marksoden »

Geez, sorry to hear about Mazda replacing your VAF...I could have told you to avoid that mistake. That error code came up on a diagnostic check they did for my car...thankfully I didn't go for a new part because it was also NOT the real problem. Seems to be a popular solution for them when they could have swapped in a VAF they already had to see if it would solve the problem before making you buy a new one.<p>Just another reason to avoid the dealership.<p>By the way, after replacing my VAF and some sensors they gave up saying the codes were "unreadable". That was 1 year ago.
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
mirage-mx3

Post by mirage-mx3 »

marksoden what was the problem in your car? did it run too rich and plugs getting soaked as mine? <p>could there be any problem with my injectors with my starting problems? , i have tested injector cleaner twice but that dosen't seem to solve it..
sikblue

Post by sikblue »

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.....Its the intake..I have cold air, and my intakew tube had a whole in it and the sensor thought thete was no air so it put no fuel..but if i got the rpms high it would run..DOUBLE n TRIPLE YOUR INTAKE FOR ANY LEKS OR DISS CONNECTIONs
2 more weeks....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”