HELP!! Push Button Install

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
z_x71

Re: HELP!! Push Button Install

Post by z_x71 »

o everything comes with it, just print off the directions from nate and you'll be all set the directions that come with are in japanees so kinda hard to read but if you buy that kit off of ebay the relay and everything comes with it so your ok with that, now it's just tapping into the wires! good luck and hope your as happy as i am with a push button start!
Keep smiling, It keeps people wondering what you are doing!
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

hey z_x71 im glad to hear that u have your button installed :D did the instructions help? im so used to having a starter button now. so when i buy my next whinter beater im going to not be used to turning a key over to start a car. i love my location i chose. right at my finger tips at all times.
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

yeah the instructions work awesome thanks a bunch how did you get it threw the door? thanks again.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i first took a 1/2" titanium bit (too sharp for this prodject) and i placed the retaining ring from the button on the back of my door panel and marked it w/ a pen. then i drilled in the center of it allthe way through. i then took a dremmel and opened uo the hole till the button fit through. i recomend using a mask when doing it. the door material stinks really badly and i dont think it is good for the lungs :shrug: i ran the wires throught the speaker sire transfer area between the door and frame. aka the small rubber hose that keeps the wires clean. i grounded inside my engine bay and away i went.
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

k great thanx, but how did you get the wires threw the plug that they have to run the wires to the door? thats the only problem i have of seeing how to do it. thanx again.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i ended up running the wires throiugh the hole i used to relocate my battery w/. i ran them into my engin bay and into my fenfer under the top door hinge and through the rubber hose into the door.
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

OOO haha i get it genious idea. would you mind if i copied you with the door idea? cause i love it man, that looks tight. just didn't wanna steal your idea without your permision, if you wanna be the only one that's fine, maybe i'll mount it in the dash, but thanx again for all the help well, time to head down to mexico. be back in a week or so unless i get a hold of a computer down there. thanx again!
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

u know i am really sick of people saying u stole this and u stole that... if u want to put the button in the door thats fine w/ me. it doesnt hurt my feelings at all. im gladthat u like it. i have been geting MAD PROPPS for it from every body. i dont care if anybody copies something i have done. i know that i started a trend of good things :~)
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

haha thanx man, i give you credit for thinking of something new, i never would have thaught of putting it there thanx again for all your help
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

no problem, i love to help. if u ever need any more info on something please let me know. i will be posting all my prodjects on here

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”