does everyone know

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MI-Archangel

does everyone know

Post by MI-Archangel »

ok most of you have removed your airbox and put in a cone filter now everyone remebr that tube that brought cold air to the airbox well i modified that tube so it would fit and bring cold air to the cone filter now i was just wondering does this actually work
marksoden

Re: does everyone know

Post by marksoden »

if we ignore him maybe he will go away
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

OH GOD, MY HEAD!! IT HURTS!!<P>If you removed your airbox, then how would it work? Your filter is now getting air from somewhere else, what could a piece of restrictive plastic do now? All its good for is holding onto the arm that supports the hood.<P>I came across angry, but I'm sure anyone else would slap you on the back of your head.<p>[ October 27, 2002: Message edited by: Hy300 ]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

edited for content<p>[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: VizualXTC ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Well Mike... to anwser your question yes this will help. Will it make much of a difference? No. Just make a real cold air intake or run a 3" alluminum pipe to the filter and suround the filter in something to help with no heat soak.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

actually it will help a little having a cold air pipe inlet, as i had 2 cone filters on a ford V6 before my mazda. and it helped having a pipe inlet on that car.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
andy

Post by andy »

It will help hold the rod that supports the hood when its not supporting the hood. Or you could drill the rivets out and screw it to the metal support that used to hold the plastic intake.<BR> When you really need a cold air intake is when the car is not moving, lets say at a red light, the old plastic is not going to help when your not moving.<BR> My opinion, take it out.<BR>Andy P. 93 GS
yeloboy

Post by yeloboy »

take it out, and throw a cold air intake in it already!
INFAMOUS YELOBOY

Post by Guest »

did anyone actually read the original post? well it sounds to me like a good idea, you have that pipe that used to feed the air box still pulling air in so it would be bringing in cold air to your intake, i think its calling "air bath" or some crap like that. anyways its better then not having it there since other wise it'll just be sucking in the hot engine bay air, so why those those cones are called "cold air intake" ill never know?
andy

Post by andy »

in another post that he started, (mmike), we get to see a picture of his setup. The old intake looks about 99% useless as an airbath<BR>when the car is not moving. When the car is moving theres plenty of air getting to it without the old intake. <BR> Whats left is a good hood latch rod holder.<BR>Andy P. 93 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”