opinions needed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Buff1110
Supporting Member

opinions needed

Post by Buff1110 »

ok i was gonna do the ze but i dont like the fact of shipping being $300 and that i dont get to see or inspect the motor until its at my door, the local junkyard has a 95 pgt motor with 67k miles in good condition, for $900<BR>is this a good price?<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Hy300

Re: opinions needed

Post by Hy300 »

I hope you didn't expect th shipping to be much less. Hey, if you want the probe engine go ahead, but its been sitting in a yard for how long? A lot of things can be bad with an engine that just sits outside without running. In the mean time your ZE will be properly taken care of and checked to make sure everything runs the way it should before shipped to you.
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hy300:<BR><STRONG>I hope you didn't expect th shipping to be much less. Hey, if you want the probe engine go ahead, but its been sitting in a yard for how long? A lot of things can be bad with an engine that just sits outside without running. In the mean time your ZE will be properly taken care of and checked to make sure everything runs the way it should before shipped to you.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Judging by some of the horror stories I've read on this forum, that absolutely, positively is NOT ALWAYS TRUE!!!!
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

well i resealed my ze when i got it and still am ok. knock on wood, as for the pgt should be able to get the engine for less than that.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Post by Guest »

im looking for the kl03, is that the same as in the probe gt? i mean i know they are the same engine, but is it made by mazda too? thats my only cocern, i dont wanna discrase my car with ford":P
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

the kl03 is found in the probe gt, mx-6, and 626<P>now will a ze be in better condition. my concern is that i get a warranty from them and i can visually check the engine. you wont know the condition of a ze until its at your door. basically i dont wanna get taken. i wont be doing my swap till may/june so i have time to look and investigate.<BR>should i go with streetimports if i get a ze bc there a little bit more pricey than say sunsengines but ill pay the extra to be safe<BR>Dan
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

one more thing, shipping on the 03 is included and there is a warranty.<BR>Dan
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

i got my ze from streetimport and i have no problem with it. The engine came in to the shop nice and clean, and i think that a established engine shop would not sell you a f--- up engine.
andy

Post by andy »

This is a tough call. Any engine you buy wether a ze or KL03 should come with some kind of warranty. The problem with that is the warranty is for the motor only and not the labor, if your doing the install.<P> $900 still seems a little pricey for a pgt engine, even with shipping.<BR> The ZE is worth a little more because you get 20-30 hp more. Try and get that much hp out of bolt-ons and see how much you'd spend.<BR> I've said it before, I can get a pgt motor out of miami for $500 w/o shipping, 90 day warranty. So is is worth it for 1000-1500 for a ZE? maybe, maybe not. <BR> Sorry for the confusing answer but swaps can be a confusing thing.<BR> Andy P. 93 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”