Interior wiring

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tyler17rose

Interior wiring

Post by Tyler17rose »

Hi, i just got my car about a month ago and the power windows dont work, and the passenger side speakers dont work. But the thing is, if i replace the fuse in my power windows, they will work for about 30 seconds then blowthe fuse again. So what i was thinking and need some help with is, maybe the speakers are somehow causeing to much current to run threw the circuit and are blowing my window fuse? could this be? and if not what do i need to do to fix this problem. If this isnt a normal problem i'm dredding taking things apart and checking voltage of each wire, one at a time till i find the problem.... so if anyone can help me, plz reply..... Thanks ;)
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Cacho

Re: Interior wiring

Post by Cacho »

You have to check your wires on your passenger door to see if you shorted out any wires. Did you recently add any speakers stereo or something you might have changed?
Tyler17rose

Re: Interior wiring

Post by Tyler17rose »

No i havnt added new speakers or anything yet. I havnt had time to take things apart yet, but when i had my car in to get the timing belt and stuff done the mechanic told me that the insulation around a couple wires have worn and exposed the bare wire to each other. This apparently is happening right where the wires go into the door (the rubber thingy) so as soon as its not raining and i have time i'm gona check that out! if thats not the problem, more suggestions would be nice! thanks again!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”