wow, another thing broke

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
viocurse

Re: wow, another thing broke

Post by viocurse »

(i am trying really, really hard not to cuss moderators. I want to punch a hole in the wall)<P>MY GOD! YOUR F-ING KIDDING ME! ANOTHER DAMN PROBLEM! I've sprung an oil leak, and a bad one at that. i'm down to 1/2 on the dipstick already. i'm gonna call that dealer again and threaten legal action (like i have to money to back it up) if he doesn't fix it.<P>DylanMX3, the plate is still firmly attached with all 4 bolts. I'm not sure i follow what your describing. on mine those 2 rubber spacer mount thingies broke.
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

SmokeyMcgee...<P>I HATE dishonest people. I feel for you too, stuff like that sucks bad. atleast this guy might fix whats wrong with mine, you just got screwed. what all was wrong with your 3? When i sold my sunfire, we told the chick that it needed new shocks and bushings, and that it had a few other problems (i don't even remember what they were, but we told her) and she still bought it. When my friend sold his Maxima he told the guy it needed a wohle new afront axle and the disty was going bad. He still bought it because he liked the CD player, it had an kenwood Excelon KDC-X815 (i think that was the name) with polks all around and 1 10" in the back.<P>Why do people suck so bad sometimes? If i ever catch the pricks that stole my CBR...
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I spent about $3000 after i bought my mx-3. New trans, drive axles, radiator, egr valve, 4 tires, alignment, front and rear brakes. and since then i still spend money fixing it all the time. You said you just sprung an oil leak. Do you know what it is yet? (check the rear valve cover gasket) I'm seriously thinking about either doing the kl-ze swap or just joining the crowd an buying a H--da.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
dylanmx3

Post by dylanmx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viocurse:<BR><STRONG><P>DylanMX3, the plate is still firmly attached with all 4 bolts. I'm not sure i follow what your describing. on mine those 2 rubber spacer mount thingies broke.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ya that's the same prob I had. The rubber is molded to the shaft that connects to the tranny (not the shift linkage) and to that 4 bolt plate. If you drill and tap on the left and right of the section on that plate where the rubber was attached you can capture the part that fell out with two set screws. The rubber was only bonded on the two sides of the 4 bolt plate. Simply run the set screws into the rubber on the part that fell out and hold it in place. I'll see if I have a pic around somewhere.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”