little tuning here and there?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

little tuning here and there?

Post by Mnemonic »

93 mx3 gs 5spd<P>K so ive got Bosch Platinum plugs, NGk perfromance wire kit, i have a prm intake on the way, as well as a new exhaust. Im not really intrested in putting much more money in this engine cause i am doing a klze swap next year, so im curious of what little minor adjustments can give me more hp for the 1.8 v6? im sure there are alot, im also sure some ones gonna say do a search. oh well, but here is one more thing i have to ask, a friend of mine has a 94 rx-7(3rd gen) is it possible to make my 1.8 to a 2.5?<BR>cause he said if its possible he will literally give me it (no charge) and also the turbos/intercooler, NOT A BAD Deal if it works, ill have to pay for labor of cource but im just curious is it worth it? <P>Thanks Guys
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
pelado

Re: little tuning here and there?

Post by pelado »

I don't understand the question.<P>Is he giving you a 2.5 V-6 or a rotary engine?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

ok rx-7 (3rd gen) are 2.5 liter so what we thought is see if we can make the 1.8 fuel injector to a 2.5 and with that also adjusting the Manifolds to fit so i could use the turbo But i dont know how to do all this but were wondering is it possible<P>if he was giving me the entire rotory engine i would be flipping (and of cource probably selling it to buy a klze)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

viocurse

Post by viocurse »

ummm. no. FDs are not 2.5l. They are 1.3l. and why would you sell a 13B TT (thats the right code... right?) to swap a klze?
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

do u know how much money it would cost to put a rotary engine in a mx3 (possible Yes) it would probably be cheaper for me to buy an Rx7

ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Hmm...<P>custom firewall<BR>custom floorpan<BR>custom gas tank<BR>custom wiring harness<BR>custom engine<BR>custom engine mounts<BR>custom crossmember<BR>custom hood<BR>custom rear suspension<BR>custom axles<BR>custom front suspension<BR>custom steering rack<BR>custom dash<BR>custom center console<P>Oh yeah, and you still an engine and tranny.<P>Yeah...pipe dreams...
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

you know that a 2.5l rotary doesn't exist (to my knowledge). if it did it would be knocking on the door of being a 4 rotor motor.<P>wait, yeah! a 4 rotor quad turbo. you should go for it dude! I once knew a guy with a 20b twin turbo. but at the time i met him he only had just gotten it all thrown together so it was completey untuned. I watch him lose to an Fb. it was funny. ofcourse his bigger turbo wasn't even producing boost yet, and he had the smaller one way tuned down (he didn't want to destroy his motor right off the bat, and yet he still raced, go figure). but it was a sweet car. I think ihs name was brad... but thats beside the point.
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”