now im pissed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
viocurse

now im pissed

Post by viocurse »

ok, the dealer is going to hear form me tomorrow. I went leave for my girlfriends house, and the car won't start. I first try and the start goes "veeeerr!" so I stopped, and turn the key to "off" and tried again. Nothing, won't even turn over. it clicks, and the warning lights dim on the dash, but nothing under the hood. tried jumping, nothing. we tried push starts, 2x in 1st gear, and 1x in 2nd gear. still won't start. <P>Did the damn starter break? When we were trying push starts i would let the clutch out and it would just stop. it wouldn't roll to a stop, it would just stop cold. or is the motor seized?<P>this sucks. my life was going good, had a nice bike thatran perfectly and wa paid for. them someone stole it and i'm left with a non-running car that needs a new front axle (or worse, i don't know). f--- pheonix, i want to move back to washington.<p>[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?
marshmallow15

Re: now im pissed

Post by marshmallow15 »

sounds like me that its the starter or the starter solenoid. i have the same problem, but it starts up sometimes when i wiggle the ignition wires a bit.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

i just replaced my distributor... $500cdn ... car wouldnt start, no spark, and therr ya go! $500 out the window...<P>if you have No Spark then the Car wont start, check the battery, check the plugs, also if your engine seemed to Grind to a stop with that "verrrrr" sound... you have oil right?!<P><BR>and as for you "letting the clutch out" then the car stopping.. umm.. What the hell!? of COURSE the car will stop if its in Gear... If the car has a gear engaged, and you just let the clutch out.. the car is going to stop because its IN gear..!! <P> :D
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

Hey Mr Sparkle. I think the topic is Starter not Distributor and as for your UMN!! comment on car being in gear and stopping. Guess you've never driven a Manual Transmission before. Keep your 2 cents to your self it doesn't make you look any better!!!!
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

ok FIRST OF ALL...<P>i said MY distributor was the problem, NOT his.. that was a comment, not a suggestion.<P>Second of all, maybe You should be the one taking Standard driving lessons??<BR>1. You can park a standard car in gear when the parking brake isnt on<BR>2. WHY can u park a standard car in gear withought the parking brake?? BECAUSE.. its in gear, the gears are engaged, it isnt going to move... <P>ALSO i asked if he had oil, because he suggested a loud grinding sound and the motor perhaps being seized..<P>Jeez u put 1 and 1 together and it makes sence, doesnt it!?
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

it sounds like your starter. take a tire iron or something with some weight to it, and tap on the starter. if you do this and it starts, then it's your starter.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

For those who don't know the principles behind jump starting a standard, here you go:<BR>The car is to be in 1st or 2nd(prefered), push the car up to a reasonable speen. The driver should have the clutch in all the way at this time, once desired speed is reached, the driver should start turning the ignition. Once the car is "trying" to turn over, pop the clutch, this will fire up the car. All things being equal, this works 9 times out of 10. If it doesn't or doesn't last long, reasons are as follows: both battery and alternator are toast or the disty is gone. You don't need a starter to start the car, jump starting by passes the starter. <P>Please can we quite talking crap until you know the facts?
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

tap on the starter? if i knew where it was i would try it, but i am new to the car. (and i am a moron in general).
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
MazdaSpeed?
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

BTW, it's not the most "reputable" dealer. but i'll see if they do anytyhing for me.<P>I got $4,487 from the insurance company. I bought a $3,300 car. I plan on spending the rest on toys. looks like tht last grand is going to fix my car. o well, atleast my front axle and starter will be brand new, right?
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
MazdaSpeed?
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

yet another update. I called and complained (alot) and he is going to tow it to his mechanic and fix it. I don't know what they are going to do about the axle, but atleast they'll get it running for me.<P>what do you all think it would cost for a new front axle assembly w/ labor?<P>o yeah... it DOES have oil 5-spd GS. ;) dipstick? whats that?
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
MazdaSpeed?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viocurse:<BR><STRONG><P>what do you all think it would cost for a new front axle assembly w/ labor?<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>a cool, calm, & collected $600 bucks from your mazda dealership would take care of the front axle.<P> :roll:<p>[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Axles arent hard to change, 70 bucks from napa, and a few hrs of work, and lifetime warranty on parts.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

next time i need my axles changed i'm goin to barrys lol
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

you must remeber though, i am not very mechanically inclined. sure, i put my own intake on once, and changed my oil... but i don't even own a jack. maybe the mx-3 came with one, i don't know. i didn't check. and most of my tools consist of stereo install devices (one thing i am acutally good at). I do have a socket set though.<P>can i come to your house and have you do it for me? :D hows $50 and a 6-pack sound?
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
MazdaSpeed?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viocurse:<BR><STRONG>tap on the starter? if i knew where it was i would try it, but i am new to the car. (and i am a moron in general).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>in gs its pretty easy, its located on top of tranny, if u look at distributor (seven wires) its under it, has like two circular metal thingies, its distributor, easy to replace, i am not talking about '94 altima, that was a joke man, its under engine from behind of it. that was B**** to replace.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”