Rough Idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
big.c

Rough Idle

Post by big.c »

My '93 V6 Eunos has recently begun running very poor at idle. The revs drop sufficiently for the engine to stall, it usually idles at around 6000rpm but has begun dropping well below that. The rev counter bounces up and down at idle. I have increased the idle speed slightly which has stopped it stalling but the rough running at idle continues. Everything seems fine higher up the rev range. Anyone any ideas please?
lazzyie

Re: Rough Idle

Post by lazzyie »

vaccum leak(s) try listening to the engine for whistling noises, also check the 3" rubber hose between the throttle body and the air sensor. Good luck
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

I hope you meant to say 600 rpm instead of 6000 rpm!!!
big.c

Post by big.c »

Hey guys, thanks.<BR>Checked the ribbed pipe from the air box, it was split. Sucking in too much air. Now patched with some tape for the moment until I get a replacement, but running fine! Oh and yes, I did mean 600rpm, hit one to many 0's. thanks again.
Mareno

Post by Mareno »

You can spray some intake cleaner in ur intake and it takes care of it....it worked for me... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"Drove It Like You Stole It"<P>-Mareno-

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”