Exhaust upgrade

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Hector Gomez

Exhaust upgrade

Post by Hector Gomez »

Im plannig to get the following for my dual ehaust set up:<P>Headers (Made by a well known race car builder)<BR>2.5 or 2" pipping (Let me know what you think)<BR>2 Twin 92mmx78mm Remus mufflers<BR>(I love how those things sound!)<P>This will run me about 1000dlls ( each Remus is 360)<BR>What do you think? Anything i should consider??<P> Thanks<BR> :D
Hector Gomez
Owner of the first modded MX-3 in Mexico!
spiral

Re: Exhaust upgrade

Post by spiral »

donde chingados conseguiste headers por estos rumbos??!!!<BR>i cant find any.... from tijuas. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MeXican-3:<BR><STRONG>Im plannig to get the following for my dual ehaust set up:<P>Headers (Made by a well known race car builder)<BR>2.5 or 2" pipping (Let me know what you think)<BR>2 Twin 92mmx78mm Remus mufflers<BR>(I love how those things sound!)<P>This will run me about 1000dlls ( each Remus is 360)<BR>What do you think? Anything i should consider??<P> Thanks<BR> :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Depends. If you are upgrading to the KLZE, go with 2" piping. If you are going to keep the K8 then I'd keep the stock size. Remember when you increase diameter you increase turbulence and reduce pressure.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

2" on a ZE? umm, no, i dont think so.<P>We've been over this many times before. Please do a search.<P>And no, going to larger pipes does not give you more turbulence if its properly sized.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

2in with k8<BR>2.25-2.5 with ze<BR>thats a lot of cash for exhaust.<BR>headers dont give you a good hp for the dollar and 2 mufflers arent necessary.<BR>save yourself the extra $500 or so towards your swap<BR>my opinion <BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
chance

Post by chance »

By increasing the pipe size you do not increase turbulence, and decreasing pressure is a good thing. Going with a bigger pipe can decrease exhaust velocity, that is a bad thing. the best size exhaust pipe is one that is big enough to give you 0 back pressure, but small enough to get as much exhaust velocity as possible.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>2" on a ZE? umm, no, i dont think so.<P>We've been over this many times before. Please do a search.<P>And no, going to larger pipes does not give you more turbulence if its properly sized.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He's not going strait from the headers to the muffler. He is going to split it. I agree if it's a single exhaust system then yes 2.25" or 2.5" would be good, but since he's going to take it and split it into 2 pipes, anything over 2" will be too large. If you go to two 2.25" pipe that's like putting the same ammount of air thru a 3.5" pipe. Too big. If you go to 2" then it's about the same as a 2.5" pipe. If my math/information is still incorect I am sorry. This is what I have been told, my source must have told me wrong.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

simple math says that you are correct. if its 2 seperate pipes straight from the engine. Two 2" pipes will allow as much flow as a single 3".
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Hector Gomez

Post by Hector Gomez »

Thanks for the help guys.<BR>I choose to go with those mufflers cause they sound sweet. Shure they are expensive but so are many great things in life (except the homemade intake! :D )<BR>If not, why did most of you payed 2000-4000US<BR>for a 92-95 car when you could get a 96-98 Honda Civic for the same amount?<BR>Because we like the good stuff! :D
Hector Gomez
Owner of the first modded MX-3 in Mexico!
chance

Post by chance »

hey i payed 400USD for my 92 mx-3GS. but point taken, civics are s---.
spiral

Post by spiral »

checka tu email wey! :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”