price on ze cams?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chance

price on ze cams?

Post by chance »

What kind of price am I looking at for a set of ze cams? and does anyone know where i can get them? I've decided to go with the <BR>kl-de for economic reasons. but I want to get all the cheap power i can get out of it. I made up my mind last night and started buying parts. I'm going to buy the parts the will also go on my kl-08 first, then once i get every thing together strip the 1.8 and build up the 2.5. I bought the thermal spacers from outlaw last night and next pay check its underdrive pullys. then its exhaust and possibly ze cams if i can afford them. what else can i get and use now?
lazzyie

Re: price on ze cams?

Post by lazzyie »

corksport sells em but all the probers say its only worth it to get the exhaust cams, are you pulling stuff off of a dead engine? I am still confused as to why you dont just buy the whole thing, ps udps get rid of the harmonic balancer in your crank pulley so do be careful and dont run blaring stereos huh! you can adapt headers, as for spacers throttle body bypass does basically the same thing for $.90, [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<p>[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: lazzyie ]
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
chance

Post by chance »

i am going to buy a complete kl-de, but be fore i do i'm going to get the parts i want to put on it(intake spacers, udp's, exhaust, ze cams, ect...). so there is no gain from using the ze intake cams?<BR>ps-thanks for the advice
pelado

Post by pelado »

Actually, it's the intake cam that's the most different from the std KL cams.<P>New cams can be had from <A HREF="http://www.mazdamotorsports.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mazdamotorsports.com</A> for about $700.<BR>Used cams can be bought from various bulletin boards for around $300.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

an exhaust for the K8 will suck on a KL and vice versa.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

So which would be better for the K8, the intake cams or the exhaust cams or both. I'm asking because I'm picking up a set this weekend, so if they aren't anygood I'll just sell them to a local prober I know

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”