Cheap Mods

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Seersh

Cheap Mods

Post by Seersh »

What cheap mods are out there that you guys would recommend........I know you'll probably say air intakes and exhaust.. Aside from that, what you you guys recommend, and what kinda prices. We don't all have money :) And I certainly don't know my MX3 from top to bottom
Better to slow down a little on wet roads or else this is what you get <A HREF="http://www.wreckedexotics.com/other/other247.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.wreckedexotics.com/other/other247.shtml</A> I miss my car .........but it'll be back soon!
aaronthehic

Re: Cheap Mods

Post by aaronthehic »

intake coolant bypass (5'C+)<P>easy+cheap [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
13.023 @ 105 mph
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Your cheapest mods will always be intake and exhaust, after that the price starts to go up substantially. If you have the money, and think it would be worthwhile, then invest in a new clutch, steel braided brake and clutch lines (as you have a hydraulic clutch), and a good port and polish. All of this will be like sending your engine to an expensive LA spa, you'll like the results.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hy300:<BR><STRONG>Your cheapest mods will always be intake and exhaust, after that the price starts to go up substantially. If you have the money, and think it would be worthwhile, then invest in a new clutch, steel braided brake and clutch lines (as you have a hydraulic clutch), and a good port and polish. All of this will be like sending your engine to an expensive LA spa, you'll like the results.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Also phenolic spacers, redline's Water Wetter, short throw shifter, and a good quality oil.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Seersh

Post by Seersh »

Thanks guys........this board is definately a haven for MX3 owners. And thankfully most of the people if not 99% know alot more about these cars than I do, so I appreciate all the info you guys have to share.
Better to slow down a little on wet roads or else this is what you get <A HREF="http://www.wreckedexotics.com/other/other247.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.wreckedexotics.com/other/other247.shtml</A> I miss my car .........but it'll be back soon!
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Seriously man, the best mod you can do to the mx-3 is weight reduction. I just stripped a 100 pounds off of my mx-3 and WOW its a huge difference. The reason being it works and feels so different on the mx-3 is because they are low torque so they dont "pull" all that extra weight that well. I took out the back seats jack spare tire system unnecessary nuts/bolts rear seatbelts reaar windshield wiper and motor the carpet and foam from the back both windshield washer resovoirs and a couple other light weight things. Im going to be carpeting over the back and buliding a custom system soon enough a lot like the blue mx-3 that won 2nd place at some big show.<P>But ya weight reduction is free and i believe taking 100 pounds off of an mx-3 is equivelant to 6 hp. So you might try that
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
LiQuId

Post by LiQuId »

Intake<BR>Exhaust (Borla)<BR>Pheno's<BR>P&P IM and TB<BR>Clutchmasters Stage 1 Clutch<BR>Fydanzia 9lb Flywheel<BR>Walbro Fuel Pump<BR>Banjo Bolt Mod<BR>Weight Reduction<BR>Good Set of Tires (Kuhmo Ecsta 712)<BR>Headers<BR>Cross Drilled or Slotted Rotors<BR>Motul Brake Fluid<BR>Red Line Gear Oil<BR>ZE Cams<P>After you do all of these mods you don't have many more options other than TC-SC, n20, or Rebuild for high compression.<P>Good Luck
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

weight reduction is good!<P>makes the car feel like a race car :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Actually the MX-3 and 6 have great torque, real close to their stock HP levels. The problem is that the engine doesn't produce enough torque in the lowrange and especially not in first gear. If you have a good clutch you can enjoy squeeling the tires between first and second, sometimes second to thrid. However, back to my point, weight reduction is one of the most beneficial and cost effective things you can do. Take out that ugly spare, get rid of anything not necessary on the street and enjoy the new feel when you ride around.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”