Water Injection ---Aquamist system

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aaronthehic

Water Injection ---Aquamist system

Post by aaronthehic »

Check out this site<BR> <P> <A HREF="http://www.aquamist.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>web page</A><P>just another Idea I've been toying with.<P>I have tried it with bad results but with this new info and other sites found while searching (diy) sites give step by step on soleniods and jeting :) <P>they say 10-15% water to fuel supposed to cool cylinders , stop knocks and increase charge densities. :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
voltaire

Re: Water Injection ---Aquamist system

Post by voltaire »

WTF?!? You actually tried that? Did you buy it or did you build it yourself? Is you're car nitro/turbo/super? Where does the water come from?<P>According to the site, it's used for cars with forced induction. I've never heard of such a thing, but I'm not surprised it had negative effects on a naturally-aspirated engine.<P>No offense, but I don't know whether to admire you for your daring or mock you for your foolishness. You got a lot of time on your hands? <P>I'm sorry, but that's some crazy sheyat!
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

dont you generally try to remove water from gas?
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

water in the gas tank is bad because when it is pumped to the injectors only the water is sprayed and not the fuel.<P>with the mist system you have a seprate tank for the water and it sprays in to the intake manifold kind of like how a nitrous system works.<P>it works best on forced induction systems, but if you have a race engine with alot of compression and a lot of timing advance it would also help.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
pelado

Post by pelado »

It's an old approach to lowering combustion temps, I'm not sure how old but I know Oldsmobile used it in 62/63. They turbocharged their all aluminum 3.5 liter V-8 (grandfather of the Rover engine), left the CR at 10.5:1, and used a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water to keep the pistons from melting.<P>Aquamist has a new generation system out that's pretty neat for those going the FI route.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

I see it working on F.I. alot better because they are always running a ragged line between<BR>pre-ignition and power. You just have to try different setups and see what works.<P>the more time I spend screwing around with this stuff the less money I spend on new expensive parts :D
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”