Kl-ze 1.8L ecu

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Smokin mx-3

Kl-ze 1.8L ecu

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

I bought a kl-ze a while ago did not get the kl-ze ecu so I swapped a 2.5 ecu with 2.5 vaf it was fast but then i put the 1.8L ecu with 2.5L vaf and it is even fast <BR>so for people getting a kl-ze i would recommend keeping the 1.8L ecu and just buy a 2.5L vaf
ProtegeSTS

Re: Kl-ze 1.8L ecu

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:<BR><STRONG>I bought a kl-ze a while ago did not get the kl-ze ecu so I swapped a 2.5 ecu with 2.5 vaf it was fast but then i put the 1.8L ecu with 2.5L vaf and it is even fast <BR>so for people getting a kl-ze i would recommend keeping the 1.8L ecu and just buy a 2.5L vaf</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The K8 VAF is the same part number as the KL-ZE VAF. IIRC
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

kl-ze ecu is only $200 so if ya keeped your k8 vaf you have the actual setup.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

Is it true that running the K8 ecu on the KL-ZE can damage the engine? (even if you rev it high?)
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nic Beique:<BR><STRONG>Is it true that running the K8 ecu on the KL-ZE can damage the engine? (even if you rev it high?)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>umm no, lotsa people run the 1.8 electronics
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
mfides

Post by mfides »

Can the 1.8L ecu be chipped with the KLZE eprom? Does anyone ever extracted/posted the eprom file?<BR>If you can keep the VAF from the original 1.8L setup you are done...<P>BTW, does anyone have ever tried to tune a KLZE like Mike has done in the KL?
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miguel Fides:<BR><STRONG>Can the 1.8L ecu be chipped with the KLZE eprom? Does anyone ever extracted/posted the eprom file?<BR>If you can keep the VAF from the original 1.8L setup you are done...<P>BTW, does anyone have ever tried to tune a KLZE like Mike has done in the KL?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think corksport reprogrammes the 18L ecus to KL-ZE specs. I think that's the best way to do it for performance (except if you get stand-alone).<P>So you guys think its safe running the 18L ecu with the ZE for a while? (until i figure out what I want to do ecu-wise) [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

From what I have been told, reprogramming to KLZE specs is basically a "generic" setup for a KLZE. The best way is have a custom programmed ECU from someone whos a real professional. No some large company who just gives basic codes, but someone who can fine tune your setup. I think Jeff Abrams methioned a company he used, or knew of, but I cant seem to rememeber the name of it.
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

i was talking to derreck from corksport and he told me that they will getting ecu 's form japan specifictly for klze.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

yea, but, it doesnt have the EGR setup on it. Also, since the ZE usually comes in an Auto(the millenia/ms8 version), will the ECU even work with our manual trannys?
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C-MX-DA3:<BR><STRONG>i was talking to derreck from corksport and he told me that they will getting ecu 's form japan specifictly for klze.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm, ya think that they would take back my $400 reprogrammed 1.8ecu for a Japan ecu?
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
mfides

Post by mfides »

I meant to put exactly the code extracted from the klze ecu in the 1.8L OBDI ecu hardware.<BR>I suppose them to be exactly the same board as they work with the same sensors (except EGR) and were mounted the same years.<BR>You would get the same functionality of the original KLZE (no tweaking) and then decide if you want to get a chip mod with a bench profesional ;)<P>In case somebody wants to try, we need the code extracted from a verified KLZE ecu to a file...
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG>yea, but, it doesnt have the EGR setup on it. Also, since the ZE usually comes in an Auto(the millenia/ms8 version), will the ECU even work with our manual trannys?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've <I>heard</I> that the manual ecu only works on manual cars, and the auto ecu can work on manual and auto.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

you would be using the japanese mx6 ecu so it will work fine kl36 works with both manual and auto, kl31 works with only manual, like i said they are only $200
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”