she's got no juice man

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aaronthehic

she's got no juice man

Post by aaronthehic »

I have this intermitent fuel? problem<BR>on my ze <P>It will drive fine for a while and then my a.f. meter will show it running extreamly lean, the car will lose much power <P><BR>when you hit the gas it will go rich for .5 s<P>then sweep to lean then be normal a few hours after driving <P>I tested the fuel pump 30psi at idle <BR>40psi with reg. off<BR>80psi with return blocked<P>that seems fine <P>T.P.S. is fine but the V.A.F. has a funny value Vs-V2? starts at 250 ohms <BR> slowly goes up to 650 ohms as you push the V.A.F. slide in . then drops to 75 ohms<P>if anyone knows what the values are suposed to be let me know or sell me a 2.5 V.A.F<BR>if you live near guelph Ontario Canada :(
13.023 @ 105 mph
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Re: she's got no juice man

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Sounds like your vaf aaron, if you have a 2.5 ecu you should deffinately be using a 2.5 vaf. I was told it's a must have for the swap.<BR>Try PARKWAY <A HREF="http://www.parkwayautorecyclers.com" TARGET=_blank>www.parkwayautorecyclers.com</A> or 1-800-265-6464, they're in Kitchener, I got my vaf there for $75.<BR>I still have my still have my 1.8L ecu, due to my auto trans, maybe I'll try using my 1.8L vaf and see how that works? If it does work, and well, maybe I"ll sell you my N.A 2.5L vaf for $50. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

I solved the problem . I beleive it was a dirty connector because I removed the Tps and the vaf - tested them and put them back inh and now it's been fine for 3 days.<P>It would make sense because it would happen in the heat of the day ... maybe <P>I still would like to know what the vaf volume sensor is supposed to read , just to know if mine is shot. cause the values don't make sense <P>I also run the 2.5 vaf. the 1.8 makes the car so rich it looks like a diesel jetta<P>Talk to Brandan at Performance Improvement Guelph because I would like to test the vaf and possibly buy it if mine is shot<BR>thanks :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

hey Brandon has a kl46? J-spec ecu for I beilive an auto I tried it in mine and all the power was down at 4-6k <P>but for sure the 2.5 vaf is the better<P>I'm thinking of putting a reostat in the vaf<BR>volume circuit to see what it will do for every day drivability I will post separitly
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”