KL-ZE advise and opinions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PSE95

KL-ZE advise and opinions

Post by PSE95 »

Hello, I am new to MX-3's I don't even have one, but I am very interested in purchasng one. Now, I have a 95 Ford Probe and I love it! I was looking for another car to keep in the garage and work on over the months and I fell in love with MX-3. Anyway, I want to some info first hand (I already searched) about the KL-ZE engine. I was thinkin about buying a crappy mx-3 GS and working from there. I just need to know whether KL-ZE is better than the 4 cylinder turbo. I need opinions, thank you! -JD <P> I know my share about KL-ZE by being a probe owner, I just need to hear from people who have done this! Thanks!
aaronthehic

Re: KL-ZE advise and opinions

Post by aaronthehic »

that is tough turbos have more potential with nitrous but the everyday drivability sucks a-- <P> at least with the ze you get lots of torque out of the bigger smoother 2.5L + less turbos to rebuild [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
13.023 @ 105 mph
pelado

Post by pelado »

This is two much. :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aaron the hic:<BR><STRONG>that is tough turbos have more potential with nitrous but the everyday drivability sucks a--</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>please explain how the everyday driveability sucks
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

any turbos Ive driven are dogs until 4-5K<P>so you look like that guy who runs the s--- out of car driving through traffic.<P>while my high compression, naturally asperated , V6 simpley burp the throttle at 2k to pull up a few car lenghts.<P>and then you say "well when I drive my _____<BR>I dont have any ______ and when I ______<BR>my ______ craps _____ pants." :p
13.023 @ 105 mph
PSE95

Post by PSE95 »

So it sounds like the ZE is a better decision, and easier to install??? Does it drop into a regular model(not GS?) I am interested on all reviews and opinions you all have! Thanks so much!!! I would like to hear from both Ze and Turbo owners!!!
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO DO<P><BR>THE ZE SWAP IS SO EASY ITS STUPID BUT THE <BR>TURBO HAS THE POTENTIAL OF BEING A 12-10 SEC.<BR>CAR<P>iF i WERE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN I WOULD SOURCE <BR>OUT NISSAN SYVIA WITH THE 300HP 300ZX MOTOR<BR>BECAUSE I HATE THE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
13.023 @ 105 mph
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

ON THE ZE YOU CHANGE ONE of the manifolds with the k8<P>air flow meter from 2.5L a or j-spec<BR> keep the k8 flywheel<BR> <BR>Instal 2.5l clutch(minor mod to pressure plate)<P>cut front mount down 1"<P>raise rear mount up 1"<P><BR>install hose extention on intake<P><BR>in a nutshell<P><BR>buy better motor mounts while you have the out
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”