V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
phyzy

Re: modifying mx3 prm to fit klze...

Post by phyzy »

Would an HKS be ok for the ZE?
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>If so, id be afraid...very afraid.<P>The flow requirements are the 2 engines are of course far different from one another. To keep the velocity in the right range, they SHOULD be larger. Just my 2 cents.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've stated this before but....intake air velocity prior to the TB is not important, air velocity between the TB and the intake ports is important.<P>Apparently we have nothing to fear here except fear itself. My apologies to FDR.<p>[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Im bringing this one up from the grave!

I recently upgraded my PRM CAI to a larger filter. About 3 times as large. I dont have a pic handy...but its a full size cone filter, k&N style. My butt dyno says that it has improved the top end acceleration, noticably in 2nd gear. I really do believe that the PRM intake was holding my ze back a little bit, with the small filter size... anyone else experience this?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Originally posted by killerpickle:
Im bringing this one up from the grave!

I recently upgraded my PRM CAI to a larger filter. About 3 times as large. I dont have a pic handy...but its a full size cone filter, k&N style. My butt dyno says that it has improved the top end acceleration, noticably in 2nd gear. I really do believe that the PRM intake was holding my ze back a little bit, with the small filter size... anyone else experience this?
a WAI (what you have) will give you more top end acceleration, CAI (prm) will help low - mid acceleration.

<small>[ June 17, 2004, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]</small>
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

The thing is, its routed to the same area that the PRM was shoved into. Its still cold air for sure, not quite as deep as the prm went.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”