car will not start.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ghandi1981

car will not start.

Post by ghandi1981 »

car will not start...it has been sitting in my driveway for the past 2 weeks...i tried to turn it on but it doesnt want to start...it has gas and i just replaced the spark plugs like 3k miles ago....my engine was run without oil but it still ran but now it wont...i was planning on getting a ze but i want to know y this on wont start...<P>aj
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
OsoSlo z28

Re: car will not start.

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if it was run w/o oil, it's possible it's seized up.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

yea after i put oil back into it it ran but with an awful noise....it sat there for 2 weeks and when i tried to start it it wouldnt turn on...???<P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Well, how long did you run the car without oil? 1 hour, 1 day?....as you must know most cars don't run without oil! :(
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

i think it might be my battery....i looked at it and it has all this buildup around the positive terminal...you think that might be it?? <P>aj
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

to clean the terminal put some baking soda all over the terminals and spray some water on it, that will dissolve the build up,also check ur ignition to see if ur getting a spark. if the car cranks than its either fuel or ignition related. check ur distributor by pulling out one of the plug wires and holding the end on top of one of the engine bolts, if it sparks ur distributor is good.<BR>hope this helps <BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

thanks i will try it in the morning...<P>AJ
Quazi5

Post by Quazi5 »

first off... I'd like to know why it sat for a month and also why you ran it without oil for ANY leangth of time.... not b----ing, just curious. Ok... No oil, a pssible siezed engine. Not starting for a month, you need to check your battery voltage. That's because most cars will not start unless the battery has a certain amount of voltage. If you hear a "click, click, click" then try charging your battery. But clean it first. Other than that I'd need more info on what it's doing, like is it even turning over, what kind of sound was the "horrible" sound and describe where and what you think it was coming from, have you changed your fuel filter lately, what about a total and complete tuneup or when was the last one for that fact.... stuff like that. W/B and let us know.
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

just replaced the belts and spark plugs and had the valve cover gaskets put on bout ~2500 miles ago...plus i got an oil change...i also put some of that zmax stuff in my car....i dont know but i think that the jiffy lube put lil or no oil when they changed it b/c the guys that worked on my car were complete dorks...(me too for not checking)....after coming home from work my car just stalled in neutral....i put some oil in it and drove it home...when i got home coolant was coming out...in the morning i filled up the oil and let it run...the ticking noise from the night before stopped... but after the engine warmed up it would die if i didnt push the gas and keep the rpms up....i took it to my mechanic and he said that it would be better to replace the engine...good excuse to put a ze in it :D ....drove it back home a few days after he saw it cuz i was goin outta town...then after i came back from dallas i had a flat tire :mad: ....then i lost my keys...i must have very bad luck [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] ....well i found them yesterday and tried to start the car and it sounded like it turns over but upon looking at the battery i think that ill try that first....oh btw the car sat for like 2 weeks...but yea thats still a long time....well tommarrow im gonna get some baking soda and see if my car starts...thanks everyone<P>sorry so long<P>AJ

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”