horsepower with addons

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tcsnipe

horsepower with addons

Post by tcsnipe »

Ok i have a 92 GS. I was wondering what the most horsepower you can get without the kl-ze engine. If i put an exhaust with 2.5 piping and a good intake like Super mega flow or if you recomend something else. What else is there to put besides like a turbo or nos?
Johnjj728

Re: horsepower with addons

Post by Johnjj728 »

The GS comes stock with 130 horsepower. Id recommend PRM intake from Corksport.com, a custom exhaust with a Catco high flow cat converter 2.5 inch pipe and a nice muffler such as an HKS Universal, Blitz universal or an Arospeed Tunable Bomb. Also, a jet performance chip is supposed to add 15 horsepower.(dont count on it) With those mods you might be able to get up to 150-155. If your car has high miles fuel injector cleaner should help a bit.
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

New plugs and wires are supposed to help give it a little more life, but no HP. I'm in the same situation. Cams from the j-spec K8-ZE are supposed to add 10-15 hp. Depending on your mileage getting your engine ported and polished will help restoring any lost HP and accelleration. There are a few extra things I want to do to my 92GS though. Custom headers and exhaust, displacement, and turbocharger.
manitobamx3

Post by manitobamx3 »

I want to swap my 92 v6 for the 2.5L. If i did i'd pretty much have to hand it over to a shop and let them do all the work. I'm wondering about the total cost to do this. Can anybody tell me? And specify in Canadian or American Money
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by manitobamx3:<BR><STRONG>I want to swap my 92 v6 for the 2.5L. If i did i'd pretty much have to hand it over to a shop and let them do all the work. I'm wondering about the total cost to do this. Can anybody tell me? And specify in Canadian or American Money</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.a-spec.ca" TARGET=_blank>a-spec</A>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Cams, High compression pistons, oversized valves, stroker cranks, overbore pistons, individual throttle bodies, stand alone engine management computers, among other things will boost your K8's power. All it takes is money....
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

stand alone engine management computers ---> i dunno much about this but if you have a KL-ZE, what's a good one to get for it?
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I'm liking the new AEM unit. Good price, awesome functions. Basically a poorman's Motec M48.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>I'm liking the new AEM unit. Good price, awesome functions. Basically a poorman's Motec M48.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Does AEM have a module that is compatible with the KL or K series engines? I have found that most of them only have them for the RX-7, and Miata in the Mazda Family.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”