1.8 V6, and 2.5 V6 tranny same?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX-3000GT

1.8 V6, and 2.5 V6 tranny same?

Post by MX-3000GT »

OKay, here is my dillema. I want NOS, which requires a new clutch. I found a clutch/flywheel (CM stage 3, and fidanza flywheel) for 650$, but it is made for the 2.5 l v6, like for probe GT's or something? Will it fit in my car...successfully. One of the moderators told me he did, i forget his name for the board tho. pleaes respond ASAP<BR>thanx
PaAutoRacing.com's MX-3000GT
VizualXTC

Re: 1.8 V6, and 2.5 V6 tranny same?

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3000GT:<BR><STRONG>OKay, here is my dillema. I want NOS, which requires a new clutch. I found a clutch/flywheel (CM stage 3, and fidanza flywheel) for 650$, but it is made for the 2.5 l v6, like for probe GT's or something? Will it fit in my car...successfully. One of the moderators told me he did, i forget his name for the board tho. pleaes respond ASAP<BR>thanx</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The PGT tranny is the same as the MX-3 only a different final drive. The clutch should fit perfectly.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
MX-3000GT

Post by MX-3000GT »

Thank you...you just made my day!
PaAutoRacing.com's MX-3000GT
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

The Probe GT and MX-3 GS have the exact transmission.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
jfbourgault

Post by jfbourgault »

I have to change my clutch too, <BR>Is there a difference in clamping force between the clutch of a 2.5L and the one of a 1.8L, I already know that they have the same transmission, but the 2.5L's clutch has to handle 35 ± hp. so is it stronger or both clutches are the same?!?!?<P>p.s. do they have different part numbers?? cause you know how it goes, you ask for a 1.8l clutch at the auto parts and it turns out more expansive than the 2.5L ( I have not actually checked, but i'm sure you guys all know how Mazda is) [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”