kl-ze troubles

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jspec

kl-ze troubles

Post by Jspec »

I just got done throwing in a kl-ze motor in my mx-3. I had to do it myself since the shops oround here have no balls. but anyways i cant seem to get my car to idle smoothly. i have put an american ecu from a 626 6 cylinder with the mass air flow sensor and probe gt bosch O2 sensors. i have redone the vacuum lines and torqued and retorqued my intake manifold. but i still think that either the engine i got from streetimport.com or my 1.8L intake is warped. the only thing i can come up with is a vacuum leak. but if anyone has any suggestions or previous experience with this problem i would greatly appreciate some advice since im on this on my own.
Live your life a quarter mile at a time!! Payback is a mother!!
lazzyie

Re: kl-ze troubles

Post by lazzyie »

think this thread has most of the ze idle issues in it:<P><A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 5&t=001063" TARGET=_blank>click</A>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

try using your 1.8 VAF
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Jspec

Post by Jspec »

thanks guys for your help im going to try some of yalls ideas. but i do know for a fact that i have a leak around the intake manifold. i have sprayed throttle body cleaner around it and that has an affect on the idle so i gotta get that fixed. ill keep coming back once i get that taken care of.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Is your vacuum leak around the TB by any chance?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Jspec

Post by Jspec »

No the leak is not around my throttle body. I just baught two new gaskets for the TB. I know its where the intake manifold meets the engine. thats the only place the idle changes when i spray the carb cleaner.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”