It's ALIVE!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pelado

It's ALIVE!!!

Post by pelado »

KLZE swap is done!!!<P>It fired up after only a few cranks! It idles OK, too!!<P>Only a couple of minor problems, one is a vacuum leak around the TB. I reused a gasket (I know, I know I shouldn't but I just didn't want to make that extra trip to the parts store) and now I've got to redo it.<P>Other minor problem is a too long throttle cable with the Millenia intake. I didn't use the MX-3's TB spacer but I'm going to put that on with some new gaskets. That should cure my vacuum leak and may move the TB enough to take up the throttle cable slack. :D :D :D :D :D <P>For those that might be curious, I used a 97 Millenia intake, KLZE ECU, and the 1.8 VAF. I bypassed the IAC and used phenolic spacers. The hood shuts but just barely, definitely no room for a strut bar. The only other mods are a UR crank pulley, PRM intake, and a Pacesetter catback.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
David Coleman

Re: It's ALIVE!!!

Post by David Coleman »

Congrats man! I'll be soon behind you once Sean gets back from Japan...<P>So how's she run? ;)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

congrats man!!! pray for me next weekend guys :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

oh and which ze ecu did you use? 31 or 36? I got the 31 that i sold my soul on ebay for.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

Congrats man, well done! I hope you enjoy it, for a long time.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Thanks guys! It runs pretty strong. There's only one drag strip close by and it's only an 1/8 mile one at that but I'll give 'er a run here shortly.<P>The ECU is a KL31.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>Congrats man! I'll be soon behind you once Sean gets back from Japan...<P>So how's she run? ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>When will he be back???<P>Thanks :cool:
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I recently bought a millenia IM, Ive heard about the hood closing issues.. does that foam have to be ripped off from underneath the hood to be able to close it without touching the IM?
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
JJ

Post by JJ »

Where did you get ur KLZE at? Just curious?
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokyMcGee:<BR><STRONG>I recently bought a millenia IM, Ive heard about the hood closing issues.. does that foam have to be ripped off from underneath the hood to be able to close it without touching the IM?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The underhood insulation does touch the intake and the hood just barely closes (phenolic spacers), but I wouldn't rip it off just because of that.
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ:<BR><STRONG>Where did you get ur KLZE at? Just curious?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>An eBay auction. <BR> :roll: <BR>But it worked out well for me.<P>This place didn't normally deal in JDM engines just happened to have one.
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

BUY KL-ZE´S FROM vIZUAL!!!! I´M GETTING JEALOUS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
BE FAST!!!
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

what did you do when you "by-pased the IAC"?
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curtklze:<BR><STRONG>what did you do when you "by-pased the IAC"?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No coolant flow through the IAC, that's all. A modest attempt at keeping sources of heat away from intake air.
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZUNE MX-3 Gs:<BR><STRONG>BUY KL-ZE´S FROM vIZUAL!!!! I´M GETTING JEALOUS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What? What do you mean by this?
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”