What size speakers in the rear towers?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Lover

What size speakers in the rear towers?

Post by MX-3 Lover »

Just wondering what size speakers are in the rear of my gs? They are stock. <p>Thanks <p>
Mat
polak_gino

Re: What size speakers in the rear towers?

Post by polak_gino »

6 1/2"
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

i was told there 5 1/4 but i dunno
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

i dunno y this argument goes on all the time lol :shrug: i have 6 1/2's and they fit
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

They are not 6.5 or 5.25, but somewhere in between. They are a special Mazda size. If you put 5.25's in, then you will need a bracket, if you put 6.5's in, then you will have to redrill the wholes for the speakers.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Since we're on the topic of speakers, I was wondering if you guys could give me some recommendations for the front and rear speakers. I'd like something that sounds nice (Super heavy bass is definitely NOT required). Most importantly easy to install. I'm also looking for an indash CD player (Cheap?) that will do that job. Are CD players easy to put in?
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

I got a brand new Mazda CD player off of E-bay for $160. It was one of a bunch of overstocks from the 2002 Miatas I think and are super easy to install. It is made by Panasonic, 6 disc in dash changer, 190 watts, and plugs right in to the stock MX-3 wiring harness. Since the cd player is double din, you have to cut out the plastic divider between the stock radio and the storage bin below it with an exacto knife. Total installation took me 15 minutes and it sounds great and looks stock. Last time I checked there are still some floating around on e-bay.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UoMDeacon:
Since we're on the topic of speakers, I was wondering if you guys could give me some recommendations for the front and rear speakers. I'd like something that sounds nice (Super heavy bass is definitely NOT required). Most importantly easy to install. I'm also looking for an indash CD player (Cheap?) that will do that job. Are CD players easy to put in?<hr></blockquote><p>I reccomend infiniti (any of the 6 1/2 series) ni the front and polk component 6 1/2's for the rear. Infiniti are clear and powerful and the polks have great mid frequency production.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

or get 6x9 in the rear<p>you can either mount them on your cargo cover or if you want a stock look you can cut the stock mounts in the back and mount them.
MX-3 Lover

Post by MX-3 Lover »

okay, thanks guys, I was just wondering because now I'll have to keep them in boxes. They're Pioneer tri-ax 6x9...
Thanks.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”