Anyone AutoX 1.8-6cyl..and Bottle fed 1.8L good?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onyx_ZX3

Anyone AutoX 1.8-6cyl..and Bottle fed 1.8L good?

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

I was wondering if anyone has auto-x'ed the stock 6 cyl. Does it pull enough in the corners(i mean pull enough out of the corners.)? I was wondering if it was worth it to swap to a 2.5L or work more on suspension tuning, as i have lowered and replaced shocks.. I am thinking new motor mounts, and susp. bushings, tower bars and the good ole' sway bars...<P>Also does anyone know if NO2 has been succesfully used at small amounts on the 1.8L? I was thinkin 50 shot, just for fun every once in awhile for my own pleasure not really for racing. Thanks everyone for any input provided...<P>Robert
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???
ProtegeSTS

Re: Anyone AutoX 1.8-6cyl..and Bottle fed 1.8L good?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Well, the MX-3 GS might be a pretty cool STS car as far as autocross goes. That'd be your current class with the lowering and stuff. If you like to be competitive, id stay away from the engine swap.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Anyone AutoX 1.8-6cyl..and Bottle fed 1.8L good?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I've attempted autocross in my mtx v6. As fun as it was, my times were crappy due to having NO experience. I would reccommend anyone try it for kicks tho.<P>As far as the NOS, i have a friend who a mtx v6 who's been running 50 shots for 2 years. She just recently upgraded to 75 and changed pump and FPR to compensate.<P>On a side note... woo hoo 500 posts!!! who's throwin the party! :D
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”