COne Filter May Have F---ed Up My Car

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
richocet1

COne Filter May Have F---ed Up My Car

Post by richocet1 »

I installed a cone filter onto my GS using the factory tube. There was a tube connected to a small nozzle that I was told to be basically useless, so I left it out. When I was driving the car, the engine was shaking, although it sounded smoother. A few hours later, I started the car,, it was driving without the shaking, but 5 minutes later, it died on me. What is going on? It wont start now. The tow truck driver said it might be the starter, but it started fine before it died. What should I do?
You still can't touch my car!!!
Maddbuck

Re: COne Filter May Have F---ed Up My Car

Post by Maddbuck »

sounds like it could be a distributor thing unless it was changed recently. If it turns over but does not start then it could be that. <BR>You did leave the VAF on the intake pipe and put the cone onto it - right?<BR>The little pipe is the vacuum tube for the EGR system and you should probably put a little air filter on it.The addition of the air intake could have accentuated and undetectable problem.<BR>Put it back to stock specs and see if it will start, if not then put your intake back on and take it off to Mazda to check out.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”