V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lazzyie

pic of ze ms8 intake

Post by lazzyie »

anyone got one/knows where i can find one? thanks
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
RayRay

Re: pic of ze ms8 intake

Post by RayRay »

2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
pelado

Post by pelado »

You want the Millenia or Eunos 800 intake, not the MS-8.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

WRONG! you need the ms-8 intake manifold.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

what exactly is the difference between the ms-8 and millenia(eunos) manifold?
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG>WRONG! you need the ms-8 intake manifold.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I believe the Eunos 800 and Millenia are the same vehicle and the Millenia intake definitely works. <P>I visited a Japanese website devoted to the Eunos 800 and there was nothing but Millenia photos on it. <P>If this is a misconception, my apologies but the home page of that site had "Eunos 800" in english (rest was Japanese) in big letters. So where the hell were you when I made this same statement on several threads some time back that asked what the difference was??<P>This was also confirmed on PT.<P>Let's ask Sean Morgan, he's been to Japan. Sean, time to speak up!<p>[ July 06, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

the non-MS8 IM will hit the battery and the master cylinder. The MS8 has a curved neck, which is similar to our own. the non-MS8 IM comes out the side and makes a sudden turn. this extention is in the way.<P>Just to show you what Im talking about I made a webpage I send to distributors when looking for the correct motor.<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com/klze.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.barrykclark.com/klze.htm</A><P>MS8 intake..<BR> Image <P>NON-MS8<BR> Image <P>As far as answering your questions. Realize I am only 1 of the people that are admins, I cant read all posts and answer them all. I read what I can when I have time, answer what I can, and take care of the trolls that infest the board with non-sense.(the problem makers)<P>From what I understand the only ZE IM that will fit perfectly is the ms8 ZE. Others require getting an ms8 or using your 1.8 IM.<BR>If Im wrong, I appologize. But I dont believe I am wrong in this case. If anyone has used the non-ms8 one, please speak up.<p>[ July 07, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

I've realized it doesn't matter what you call the damn thing, just so it has square ports and big curve in it.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
pelado

Post by pelado »

Instead of using the non-US model ID, why don't we just call it a Millenia instead?<P>Besides, if you get a KLZE with the curved neck intake, then you more than likely will be getting the 170HP version instead of the 200HP ZE.<P>My recommendation is to buy the ZE with the straight neck (make sure it has 31 cams), buy a Millenia intake from a US salvage yard, and sell the straight neck intake to a Probe, MX-6, 626 owner.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

hmmm well then maybe i got screwed... I got a klze from swapjdm.com, its got kl01 cams, the timing belt was from april of 98, its got kl31 heads and kl###### on the block, also it was made in japan, I thought the 170hp was only for austrella and what not. Sorry I can't spell... thanks all.
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

lazzie:<P>don't worry, If the engine came from japan then its a KL-ZE. My engine is the same as yours and it put out more torque and horse power through my stock exhaust(1 7/8) and cat than a 170H.P. and 160torq millenia<P>with a proper high flow(2.5)exhaust and cat and a cold air intake I see no problem hitting 195-200 H.P.<P>My engine is making around 180-185H.P and 170-175 torque.<P>the KL-01 cams are for torque, because the millina is automatic and needs more torque.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

Why not relocate battery and master cylinder? it isn´t too much problem, I´m wrong? Is there any list that can identify each motor by it´s number? What is the most reliable and accurate post or web page about kl-ze swap? Is there anybody who has done it and his car run REALLY good?(I mean perfectly ,without code flashing or strange accelerations or Idle)
BE FAST!!!
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I dont think its possible to relocate your master cylinder., it wont fit on the other side, its your brake booster.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”