Problem with battery and ABS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Shadow_Mx-3

Problem with battery and ABS

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

I had a problem with my car today.<P>When i stopped to wait for my g/f to come out of work the battry icon lit up in my dashboard.<P>Also the ABS light lit up at the same time and was flashing.<P>It was doing this only when i completely stopped for a couple of seconds.<P>As soon as i started to drive again it went away and came back only when i stopped.<P>Anyone have ideas what it could be ?<P>Thanks.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
Ogimoj

Re: Problem with battery and ABS

Post by Ogimoj »

First guess would be the alternator, or more specifically - the voltage regulator inside the alternator. When you´re moving, and the engine´s at higher rev´s, your alternator is putting out enought to power the electronics (ie abs), but at idle, it´s not. My guess would be that within a day or two your battery will be dead enough to where you won´t be able to start the engine. You should be able to take it in to any big-name battery place and they´ll test your battery/alternator for free (At least I see that a lot of places offer that (NTB, etc...)<BR>Again, this is just a guess, ´cause without being there to take some measurements, it´s hard to say
Shadow_Mx-3

Re: Problem with battery and ABS

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

I got it mesured saturday and it's the alternator.<P>I will have it fixed this week.<P>It dosen't charge at all anymore !
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”