compression questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tyson

compression questions

Post by tyson »

Hello everyone.<P>Okay I am sorry if this info is in previous posts I didn't have time to check through them all.<P>So here is my problem well one of them anyway.<P>After recently failing aircare by having too many hydrocarbons(unburnt fuel). I decided to break down and took my car in for an inspection by a shop. Before they did this they noticed that the car had a rough idle so they decided to do a compression test. I was horrified to find out that my compression was like 165,100,145,160,155,130.<BR>This was a dry test.<P>Now my question for everyone.<P>This is obviously not good but is there anything other than rings,valves,head gasket that might cause this. Its crazy because the car has tons of power and other than a very small rough idle(never stalls) it runs very well. I dont burn oil or even go through very much oil. Like a liter in between oil changes.<P>would using 0w30 oil make my compression lower? <P>Or lets say the rough idle was actually caused by too much fuel would this be enough to wash out the cylinders causing the compression to drop?<P>thanks for your time and help.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”