custom air intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fuzzyboy

custom air intake

Post by fuzzyboy »

i know this has been asked numerous times but i plan on taking out the stock air box and i want to know what people do with the hose that connects to left side of air box looking from the front. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
fuzzy red mx-3
platinum MX

Re: custom air intake

Post by platinum MX »

the small vaccum hose? i drilled a small whole just big enough to stick the hose in, a few inches before the VAF sensor. then just used a little black silicone to make sure it was sealed.
Dave<BR>93 Mx-3 GS SE *under construction*<BR>95 Prelude *3rd place at Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals 2002 92+ Prelude Wild class*
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

what does that vacuum hose do? i've had it just sitting around unconnected ever since i got rid of my stock air box.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
mattster

Post by mattster »

If you keep the factory piece that goes from the TB to the airbox here is what I did and what I suggest. When the piece described above brances of into a 'Y' I used a pipe plug too plug the branch that would normally go to the "resonating horn". Then I drilled a hole into the pipe plug, threaded the hole and put a 1/4" or 1/8" brass nipple (oh stop laughing :)) that threads right into that hole. The put that vacume tube on and your good to go. At least this way, it is getting filtered air as it was intended. Need Pics? Post and maybe I could get some up tommorrow.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”