new mod

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RayRay

new mod

Post by RayRay »

I just made a new mod today. I swapped out my HKS intake for a Ractive intake with heat shield. Not too shabby for $40. Why did I switch the HKS out for a Ractive? I recently got my hands on a 3' black plastic flexible pipe. It's rigid yet it bends, much like the middle of a flexible drink straw. <BR>As soon as the semester's over I'm gonna install the pipe and duct fresh air to the Ractive intake. I'm gonna cut part of the front frame under the drivers headlight and stick the pipe in, just like Corksport project car. Then I'll probably cut a hole in the bumper and stick a 3' speaker port in the hole. Someone already did something like this, not sure what the link was but I'm sure it'll turn out nice.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
fuzzyboy

Re: new mod

Post by fuzzyboy »

Eric's Limited MX-3 GS <BR>this where i saw the cut out in the front bumper and i too also want to do the same thing with my car.<BR> :D
fuzzy red mx-3
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Already done it....
Steve
fuzzyboy

Post by fuzzyboy »

hey stevech_2001<P>i have a question regarding how you cut the hole in the front bumber,did you end up taking the whole bumber off or just leave on.<P>i really want to know before i start cutting.<P>thanks fuzzy [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
fuzzy red mx-3
Stevekowalchuk

Post by Stevekowalchuk »

I Just strapped a 3" hole saw onto my drill and gave 'er.
fuzzyboy

Post by fuzzyboy »

thanks<BR>i will give it a good cuttin<BR> :D :D
fuzzy red mx-3
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

finally got some pix of it:<P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image<p>[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: RayRay ]
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
pelado

Post by pelado »

That 4" to 3" coupling on the end of your Ractive filter looks suspiciously like the sewer line adaptor I saw in Lowes Home Improvement. ;)
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG>That 4" to 3" coupling on the end of your Ractive filter looks suspiciously like the sewer line adaptor I saw in Lowes Home Improvement. ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hehe, you caught me. ;)
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”