Weapon-R WARNING

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KNewcomer1

Weapon-R WARNING

Post by KNewcomer1 »

My son bought the Dragon Intake Sys, made by Weapon-R, from Street Racing Online.<BR>I had told him that I probably was not the best choice, as mentioned before on this forum.<BR>Well, we went to install it and, you guessed it, it would not fit. When assembled, it was too long for the filter to fit.<BR>I called Weapon-R's tech line. He said he had never hear of this problem,,, but then later said that he had heard of people leaving the aluminium tube off and just stick the filter on the MAF sensor. I told him that that was unacceptable. He pretty much agreed and told me to return it for a refund, which I did.<BR>So far, I'm not to steamed.<BR>So I call today to see if I am going to get a credit. They said yes,,,minus a 10% restocking fee!!!! Now I'm getting a little steamed. I explained that I would have no problem paying the 10% fee if it were my fault, and that I should not have to pay it because the part just plain will not fit per the instructions. The customer service rep said she had the note from the tech in her hand and he had written that the part will fit and I just was too inept to install it. Now I am BOILING!!!<BR>I explained that I have been an Aircraft Mechanic for 20 years, and have been working on cars and Motorcycles for more than that, and that the part will not fit,, period.<BR>She agreed to forgo the 10% fee, which I appreciate. But still would not admit that there was a problem with there part.<BR>So, beware. This intake will not fit a MX-3 with a 6cyl.<BR>Sorry for the long rant, I just want everyone to be aware of this intake/company.<BR>I have yet to see my credit, I hope they follow through.
Keith
SmokyMcGee

Re: Weapon-R WARNING

Post by SmokyMcGee »

amen brother..i ended up throwing away everything but the filter
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Yup, they're trash. You can make your own. Check the V6 FAQ for a good How To by Sean Matthews. I ran a similar setup for the last 2 years with no issues. Well, except alot lower ET's that most other MX-3's with few mods :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mr.hunt

Post by mr.hunt »

U go bro give them sh**. I always love it when some one tries to tell you that you know nothing and couldn't figure out how to install things. I think that half the time they are the ones that know nothing. Anyhow in regards to dave suggestion and the fact that you are a aircraft machinic it might be or you might be ablr to do a pretty slick one on your own with some good metal ( just don't take metal from a plane in service lol) from an arcraft or tubing I guess. I mean it is light wieght and durable you would be able to bend it where you want anyhow if you get a good idea share it. peace<P>Mike
ST_R8CR

Post by ST_R8CR »

i had no probaly with my weapon-r intake set up. i also have a v6.if u'll read the diagram correcly u got to trim it a lil bit.
92gs

Post by 92gs »

you tell'em bro i'm a amp myself i could make sh#@ fit were it shouldn't those weapon intakes are a joke.
nolimits

Post by nolimits »

Mine went on with no problem! Must be the one installing it!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”