start with out pressing clutch?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
corona

start with out pressing clutch?

Post by corona »

I want to put a remote start in my 5 speed. any body done this? Also i seen it done in a eclipse and few hondas, how you start with out pressing the clutch?<P>thanks<BR>carlos<BR>PS: I know is risky but i wanted anyways. Please help me!!!
"Its not how you stand beside your car, is how you race it"<BR> Ja-Rule
rece

Re: start with out pressing clutch?

Post by rece »

You have to loop the starter over the clutch and must make sure the car is in nutral at all times if using the auto starter<P>one time i started it in gear and the car started to roll away. i have a viper starter/alarm and you can shut it off the same way you turn it on so i just shut it off before it went down the street<P>Ps: no shop will install the startre for you unless you know somebody<P>good luck<BR>Jesse
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
corona

Post by corona »

How you loop the clutch?<P>I have to do it so the guys will install it. Cause he don't know how to do it in mx-3.<BR>I know the guy in the shop :D Thats god!!! Also he is only charging me $120 for all. :D
rece

Post by rece »

im not completely sure how it is done, i think you install it as you would in an auto but you have to always make sure it is out of gear when starting<P>other than that im not the expert on this topic maybe one of the moderators know
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

yea, i saw someone crash his car into a wall because he left it in gear with an autostart..pretty funny...lol
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
corona

Post by corona »

Thanks Guys For all your help.<P>What i did is that i found out that behing the cluth pedal there is a white switch. So i got a tie clip and tied so that way the swith is press doen ad the computer think that i'm pressing the clutch. Now All i got to do is install the remote start like in a auto car.<P>I hope this help for all the crazy ones like me that are always trying to make theyre ride diff from everybody else. Just my 2 cents.<P> :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”