My ZE MX-3 Rocks, but I have a problem I need to figure

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
gleichnerr

Re: My ZE MX-3 Rocks, but I have a problem I need to figure

Post by gleichnerr »

Another possible source of idle problems:<P>I had cracks in the Air Intake Hose (The big black rubber part with the accordion folds in it). They were hard to see, unless I flexed the hose - but I did notice at first that when I leaned on this hose, my idle speed changed dramatically. I fixed it temporarily with black electrical tape, and replaced the hose later - problem went away.<P>I have not done the engine swap, but I beleive that you are probably using a similar intake anyway.<P>You guys probably know way more about the technical aspects of the car than I do, but it may be possible that you're overlooking something simple like this.
Ron Gleichner<BR>1992 GS<BR>Stock (at least, for now)<P>ZOOMX3
timpronk

Re: My ZE MX-3 Rocks, but I have a problem I need to figure

Post by timpronk »

I have a klze with a north american intake manifold, 1.8 vaf and ecu and mine idles fine. Originally it didnt. To fix it I checked all of my vacuum lines. Once those were hooked up correctly all of the memorized codes on my ecu disappeared (mostly the same codes you have pulled, oxygen sensors,no feedback, egr vacuum and vent ect..) Then I adjusted the idle with the tps and idle screw and throttle linkage (custom) When adjusting the tps use a feeler gauge as told in the manual. Without using the feeler gauge you will prob never get it to idle correct, I tried. With the feeler gauge I got it on the first try.<P>Good luck<BR>Tim P.<A HREF="http://www.golden.net~timpronk/n-mx3.shtml" TARGET=_blank>my klze mx3</A>
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”