20B swap...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Rich MX3

20B swap...

Post by Rich MX3 »

I was told the 20B motor was the motor with the highest HP that could be swapped into a MX-3 and that is what I'm looking for. The KL-ZE's 200HP is good but I want more. Now, I just want to know if it can really be swapped into a MX-3 and if anyone has done it. Also, does anyone know where I could find a good one and the approx. cost? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ;)
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
OsoSlo z28

Re: 20B swap...

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

how much money do you have? a lot? i hope so. that swap is definitely not a drop in. that motor is designed for a rwd application. it's a complete custom job. subframe, engine/tranny mounts....etc. then if you are going to make it rwd..that's another headache in itself. but the biggest issue would be wiring. there's only one person that i know of that's done this swap and that's marcos acosta. if you want to try this....you "need" to do a LOT of research.....good luck :D
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich:<BR><STRONG>I was told the 20B motor was the motor with the highest HP that could be swapped into a MX-3 and that is what I'm looking for. The KL-ZE's 200HP is good but I want more. Now, I just want to know if it can really be swapped into a MX-3 and if anyone has done it. Also, does anyone know where I could find a good one and the approx. cost? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They are $6000 for the engine/tranny (sourced from an early 90's Mazda Cosmo) and there is no way to modify it into an MX-3 without spending $15,000+ doing it. The 20B is essentially a 13B RX-7 engine with an additional rotor. Be realistic, if you really want a rotory engine buy a late model RX-7...
1992 MX-3 GS-R 2.5L Turbo - retired 2001 :(
13.8@107mph
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3gsr:<BR><STRONG><P>They are $6000 for the engine/tranny (sourced from an early 90's Mazda Cosmo) and there is no way to modify it into an MX-3 without spending $15,000+ doing it. The 20B is essentially a 13B RX-7 engine with an additional rotor. Be realistic, if you really want a rotory engine buy a late model RX-7...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's what I thought, that's why I wanted to clarify if it can really be swapped without too much hassle like the KL-ZE. Thanks for your help. :D
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”