Dirty Fuel filter/screen symtoms?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onyx_ZX3

Dirty Fuel filter/screen symtoms?

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

what are they...my engine will like cut "back" not out or off...then respond after the car settles back to being more level...i am low on gas, the car HAS sat for months...dirty fuel filter? screen near the fuel pump? Anyone had fuel clogged problems?<P>I want to know if the screen in the back is easy to get to, and how to clean it out....(and maybe the actual bottom of the fuel tank too)
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???
pelado

Re: Dirty Fuel filter/screen symtoms?

Post by pelado »

Does the problem go away with a full tank of fuel and return only when it's low?<P>If so, then it's time to pull your tank. No, it's not fun. Or you can just live with it, throw some injector cleaner in there, and change your fuel filter more often.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
onyx_ZX3

Re: Dirty Fuel filter/screen symtoms?

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

hey i didn t know anyone was from arkansas on here!<P>i am changing my filter today, and how do i clean the pump screen, i already have it out of the car...i was gonna syphon out the remaining fuel (and or water) and try again.....w/ new fuel.......
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”