A-spec.........????? Help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Max

A-spec.........????? Help

Post by Max »

I'm planning on swaping my engine in mid summer at A-spec. I was wondering if anybody had gotten a swap there ? (kl-ze). Can I trust these guys or will they try to rip me off ? Do they have a good rep .... seems to me like a great place ...<P>Anyways i'd appriciate your input , thanks
Max

Re: A-spec.........????? Help

Post by Max »

Anybody ?
momo

Post by momo »

hey bud i'm also doing the kl-ze swap in april. so far all i heard from this place is good stuff.when are tou doing yours? is it 4cyl to 6cyl swap,mine is.What did they quote you? momo

Post by Guest »

they seem really exspensive to me! check out <A HREF="http://www.a1jdmengines.com" TARGET=_blank>www.a1jdmengines.com</A> my budys company u can pick up ze's for around 1200 us so 1700 canadian way cheaper then a-spec
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

is that your friends purchase and install rates. It looks like its just purchase. Aspec is $3000 CAN for the actual install.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Max

Post by Max »

I'm doing mine in July, V6 to V6...<BR>I just don't wan't to get screwed with lets say they put in Kl-03 instead of a kl-Ze. I want to put in a few more things as well... like racing pulley, LSD tranny.<BR>Havent got a quote yet... do the mx-6 engine mounts come with the engine ? they aslo listed they you get a front strut bar and front mx-6 brakes... im not sure if that applies whit the v6 to v6 but i know you get all this stuff if you go from the i4 to 2.5.<P>soory for the long message
ProGTR

Post by ProGTR »

Hi Guys<P>Well I've done all my mods at A-spec. <BR>They've performed lots of I4 to v6 swaps, as well as straight ZE V6 swaps.<P>Price wise your getting a good deal and someone that has done plenty of these swaps.<P>They even do Auto to 5spd swap's in no time.<P>I don't work there...just helping you guys decide.<P>My name is Frank and they do know me well. Tell them I refered you guys and they'll treat you good. I've already told them that the first person I refer to them that give's me bad feed back(with reason) that I would no longer refer anyone, but still just continue to go for work on my car only.<P>Here's my webpage with mods I've performed.<BR> <A HREF="http://www3.sympatico.ca/progtr/MyProbe.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www3.sympatico.ca/progtr/MyProbe.html</A> <P>Hoping for 200whp by spring :eek:
Max

Post by Max »

Thanks alot Frank !<BR>I appriciate it ... :D
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

Had a 2.5 and auto to manual swap done there.<BR>They seem to know what they are doing and are always willing to find the bugs in the car. Didnt get a ZE engine because of cost and availability. Id rather have a stick klo3 than an auto ZE right?. <BR>They also always have little stuff around like interior pieces and other hard to find goodies. Ive even got a window there!<BR>So i think A spec is reputable. This summer im planning to upgrade my exhaust and brakes there, possibly suspension, and a 200 shot of NOS. <P>Just kidding about the last one, have fun!!<P>Happy MX3ing
KWK MX3
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Hey kwk, There is no difference in an engine from a 5 spd and one from an auto.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>Hey kwk, There is no difference in an engine from a 5 spd and one from an auto.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>no s--- sherlock,<BR>i was talking about the cost.
KWK MX3
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dj_Pawz_GS:<BR><STRONG>they seem really exspensive to me! check out <A HREF="http://www.a1jdmengines.com" TARGET=_blank>www.a1jdmengines.com</A> my budys company u can pick up ze's for around 1200 us so 1700 canadian way cheaper then a-spec</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <A HREF="http://www.probetalk.com/forums/showthr ... 1700982834" TARGET=_blank>http://www.probetalk.com/forums/showthr ... 0982834</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KWK MX3:<BR><STRONG>Had a 2.5 and auto to manual swap done there.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey how much did you pay for the 2.5 + auto/manual swap?<P>A friend of mine knows a couple of the guys there and when I went with him once they quoted me $3000 for it, is that around what you paid?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”