Which spark plugs for KL-ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KNOCKOUT

Which spark plugs for KL-ZE

Post by KNOCKOUT »

I just purchased a set of NGK spark plugs for a 2.5 MX-6 (KL-03 I believe), but I noticed that the insulator was a bit different and the overall length of the plug was a tad bit longer.<P>Does the KL-ZE utilize the same plugs as the MX-6 2.5? I eventually plan on getting a set of NGK-R's from Corksport, if and when they do get them in.
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Which spark plugs for KL-ZE

Post by Custommx3 »

I would believe they are, since they are both KL series blocks.<BR>Use standard NGK plugs. I ut my car in the shop and the mazda mechanic said never use platinum plugs in our cars. He said they dont burn hot enough for proper combustion. <BR>The only motors that could utilize this would be lets say.. a 350 v8. This is from the mechanic. I cant say he is 100% sure. But he was sure convincing. He told me thats what was wrong with my car. I bought a set of NGK's for it, gonna swap them today.
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

They're definately a "hotter" plug, since the ceramic insulator is much shorter than the original that were in there.<P>Thanks!
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

they are different plugs when I got my kl-ze it had plugs in it and I matched the codes for the plugs up with ones from a mx-6 2.5 and they are different here is the code for the plugs you want NGK v-Power bkr6e-11
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Ok thanks. Looks like I'll be returning the ones I got for an MX-6 2.5

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”